new Yealink T46 firmware

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

There is a new firmware for T46 28.73.0.45. I have loaded it on 1 phone and it seems that when placing a call 3cxPhone for Windows now uses MakeCall to this device - I hear hold music instead of ringing sound, which it used to do. It is possible I screwed something up - has anyone else experienced this on the new firmware?

And, this now sends a 3cx notification to my iPhone that a call in coming in - when in fact,it is me making a call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Hmm.
    I have the 28.73.0.45 firmware deployed on a couple hindered phones and haven't seen this issue.
    The reason it would be sending it to your iphone is because your infact getting a 3CX-Yealink call. once you pick it up the make call is making the outbound call so that would make sense.

Check on your Yealink phone under the web UI / Features /Remote Control.
    The Action URI allow IP List. Does it have "any" listed in there.
    If not put in any and see if it corrects the issue.

Other idea.
    Is the PC/yealink/3CX on the same subnet or able to directly talk to each other.
    If i am not mistaken the 3CX phone sends the HTTP CTI requests to the Yealink but using the IP that 3CX us connecting with to the Yealink.
    So example if i am at my house. 3CX server at my office. Connection over WAN.
    3CX sees my WAN IP. So if i try to use CTI from my house it does not work since the 3CXPhone sends the HTTP CTI requests to my WAN IP and not the internal LAN IP of the phone. So when im at my house it has to use the MakeCall since CTI does not work.

Just a idea. Hope it helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

Although I am not on a different subnet or VLAN and am working in the same office as the server my 3cxPhone was using Out of Office setting for 3cx. Once I changed back to In Office, it is working.
    It is interesting that it was functioning at all set to Out of Office - presence and everything.
    Thanks for the tip.

Now I need to figure out how to set up remote phonebook lookup.

4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

On the phone web UI.
    Under Directory / Settings
    What do you have enable for "Search Source List In Dialing"
    Normally we just enable Remote Phone Book.

5. craigreilly

I got this figured out I think.
    I setup a supersearch.xml file and entered it into the 3cx template. Removed the settings on my phone. Rebooted and they came back as intended.

Attached Files:

6. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Nice!
    That is exactly what we have.
    Super search setup and everything is happy.
    Do you also have favorite_setting.xml setup?

7. craigreilly

no... what is the favorites all about? I never quite understood. We have a SoftKey programmed for our Primary Phonebook from 3cx.

8. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

In the screen shot your sent there was Directory and Search Source.
    favorite_settings = Directory preferences
    super_search = Search source preferences.

Here is the format i use to enable just the remote phone book
    <root_favorite_set>
    <item id_name="remotedirectory" display_name="Remote Phone Book" priority="1" enable="1" />
    <item id_name="localdirectory" display_name="Local Directory" priority="2" enable="0" />
    <item id_name="history" display_name="History" priority="3" enable="0" />
    <item id_name="networkcalllog" display_name="Network CallLog" priority="4" enable="0" />
    <item id_name="ldap" display_name="LDAP" priority="5" enable="0" />
    <!--T19 doesn't support LDAP feature-->
    <item id_name="networkdirectory" display_name="Network Directories" priority="6" enable="0" />
    </root_favorite_set>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.