Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

New

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeb, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeb

jeb

I am new To VoIP and PBX software programs so please hang with me here - have, of course, used "normal" PBX systems.

Please allow me to explain what we have and where we want to go.

2 locations - one on single ATT line, one on MAGICJACK VoIP .

Presently using PBnext for both at some $58.00/mo - this gives us the ability to have a PBX system that does what we want and have multiple calls handled at one time.

1 - At present, would like a PBX type system that would have the normal options one would expect - a main message and then switch to multiple extensions, each with it's own message and voice mail for each. Also, the ability to switch back to main menu or to other extensions and have fax capability.

2 - Later, would like one location to be able to have conv. calling to a large number of people.

I really know very little about VoIP - what got me here was doing some basic searches for information on the subject.

If I understand what I have seen here and a couple of other places, what I want to do can be done with software at present - but we lose the ability to have multiple call handling - only one call at a time due to only one line coming in to each location at present.

Is there a way to have multiple VoIP lines? How - who - do we set this up with?

If, after having multiple lines, I assume 3CX will work with them?

Tks much for your time and have a great day - jb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.