Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Newb Setup Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cloidhamer, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloidhamer

Ok, this is my first foray into VOIP, and I'm used to analog systems. I have successfully setup the 3cx with a Grandstream GXW4180 and one Polycom 330. The Grandstream currently has two lines attached to it. I have read many posts in this forum and they have been quite helpful. But here is where I'm confused. My bosses will not allow an automated attendant or queues. Every call that comes in must be answered by a live person. So our receptionists need to have access to all lines and must juggle multiple lines at a time. So from what I have read they must be setup with multiple extensions and those extensions are then put into ring groups. Is this correct? If not please tell me the proper way.

On that same note if I have a multiline phone and wish to receive multiple calls I also must have multiple extensions. So then if everyone has so many extensions how does anyone know what your extension is? Does this system not allow for me to have one extension number and still use multiple lines.

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

Craig

2. Henk

Henk Member

Answered by live person.
    Not needed to setup ring groups, what you can do is have the calls go to the extension and when no answer bounce it back to the receptionist.

Second question not sure if I understand, it depends on your business and how you want it structured. For example multiple lines coming in you can have each line going to an extension each or all going to one extension (via routing).

Your customers might know one number, no need to add an extension to that (they can but not necessary). With extensions, well how do you have it now, how do people remember the numbers?

With 3CX you can integrate it into outlook and dial from there or have a the 3CX client on the pc's they can then see per extension who is who and if they are available or on a call etc.

Hope this helps.
    H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.