Newbie advice please with wav and cisco 7941

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mccltd, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mccltd

Hi,

I have just installed 3cx onto my computer and have it working with 2 softphones and my iphone via sipgate as my sip provider.
    So far so good.

Now I dont seem to have any music on hold and looking in the Settings,system prompts option I see there are a lot of wav files there. Are these supplied or do I have to create my own?
    As when I go to play them it cant find them.
    If there not supplied can they be downloaded?

My next question is I am going to try and configure my Cisco 9741 phones onto this system. I purchased them from a colleague who had them running on Asterisk and says they are sip flashed allready.
    What Phone template do I use as I see there is an option for 6 cisco phones but non mention the 7941.

Many thanks,

Dave.

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

What OS are you running on the server for the phone system?

3. mccltd

Hi,

At the moment I'm testing it on a machine with Windows 7 ultimte 64 bit.
    But once I have it all up and running it will go onto a pc with XP Pro 32bit on it.

4. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Can you play any wav files on the pc? Also I'd double check if all is right in setup.

5. mccltd

I have just loaded an mp3 in for music on hold and it works, also all the message do appear to work. Just that when I hit the play icon I get a save file box come up it didnt play the message hence why i thought it didnt work.

Thanks for you repleis thou.

Also how do I get my two analogue(pstn) lines into 3cx. On asterisk I used an fxo card but looking on here it would appear that wont work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.