Newbie and V6

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NetworkLabs, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetworkLabs

Hi, First post and I'm afraid it because I need some help... :oops:

I have a couple of issues with V6, I'm using primarily Linksys SPA962's

1, Phone book will not publish to phones. Does anyone know how the SPA962's are provisioned to accept the phone book?

2, Intercom doesn't work by default, I've changed the SPA config for paging to match 3CX (#0, if I don't it call ends at #) but it just rings as per normal call althought the phone says PG (paging). Paging works fine!

3, Reports, Can't generate these remotely as I don't have (or want) MS Access on my server. I've changed the CallReporter .ini files to point at the server but no joy.

Any help from anyone that's see or solved these issues would be gratefully recieved.

Just about everything else works perfectly "out of the box" which I think is a brilliant effort.

Thanks

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Re 2.
    First, check you <3cx path>\Bin\3CXPhoneSystem.ini file, section [DialCodes], value of 'Intercom' - it is your paging prefix. I afraid, because of it was last minute change, ini file has '*9' as intercom prefix, and it doesn't match manual.
    Second, you should configure your phones to allow auto-answering intercom calls. Otherwise they will ring as usually.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NetworkLabs

Hi Archie, Thanks for your reply. Changed the .ini. I didn't quite get the paging right either as it's only the first extension in the paging group that auto-answers (The group is set to paging)

To summarise: -

Only first phone (SPA962) in the list auto-answers via a page group extension number (so Auto-ans works) all other phones ignore(d)

3CX VOIP softphone doesn't answer even in the first position in the group.

Intercom works from softphone client to spa962's (again auto-ans works) but not from one spa962 to another spa962, it just rings as a normal extension call.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

1) VoIP client doesn't support auto-answer yet
    2) If you're testing paging group using demo key - you can have only one answering phone in a group, because one call is to the group, and another from group to the answerer. That is why you have only one phone answering. Demo version is liimited to 2 sim. calls at a time.
    3) If SPA to SPA intercom doesn't work - check dial plan of calling phone - it should allow the dial prefix you've choosen, and do not strip it from the number. Sometimes it easier to just reassign prefix to be some sequence of just digits (without * and # in it)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NetworkLabs

Archie, Tech support on a Sunday evening, You’re a star!

1, OK

2, my mistake, I assumed (should know better than to assume by now) that the call limit was for external calls.

3, thanks for the pointer, I'll get on it.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.