Newbie evaluating 7.1 RC1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TJF, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJF

TJF

Hello,

As the subject line states I'm new to the 3CX VOIP System but know enough to get myself up and running yet not enough when it comes to fixing things when I paint myself into a corner. The techie world is full of people like me...a little knowledge... etc. :)

In any case I'm having fun with RC1 and have a question. I'm running a 2PC home setup, one running 3CX server, the other runs the 3CX VOIP phone dialer app (Ext. 100). I can make calls, use DTMF and all that good stuff. However there is an entry in the server log that confuses me;

I have obfuscated the IP address intentionally so there is no need to go on a wild goose chase about that. Is it just the beta or is it normal that 3CX server would not recognize it's own 3CX client? Every time the dialer re-registers the message occurs.

Thank you in advance,

Tom

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

This is devices.xml - it is an embedded xml file that identifies the phone make and sets reinvites, replaces and whether it can blank sdp or not automatically without user modification.

If you have two way audio and transfers work fine you can ignore this.

The problem that it does not identify the Voip Phone is probably because it is using the settings of the Voip client. The VOip Client is not going to be updated any more.

With the voip phone you should see something like this

10:58:28.013 [CM505001]: Ext.103: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: 3CX Ltd.;Mod: 3CXVoipPhone;Rev: General] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CXVoipPhone 3.0.6222.0] Transport: [sip:10.172.0.15:5060]

If you notice the revision number of your Voip phone is different than mine - Probably you are using some Beta of the Voip Phone that we did not update because it was still an early version.

Can you try using the latest Voip Phone from http://www.3cx.com and get back to us?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.