Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

[Newbie] Flow with external code execution

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by MikeMelga, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeMelga

Hi.

I have 3CX (demo) installed in my house. It's a simple install with 1 analog gateway and 1 GSM gateway.
    Everything is working ok and properly configured (I guess).

Now I would like to connect 3CX to my home automation server. It already can fetch received calls and make calls.
    However there is one function I would love to implement: the ability to switch/open house devices by phone.

For example:

I would dial xxx and an IVR answers. I press 1 to open the gate, 2 to open the side door.

I've created the IVR but I have no option to notify an external app of my choice. So...I thought of VAD (especially the external code execution component). I installed the free version but it only comes with the very basic components.

Purchasing a VAD license for this purpose would be overkill so I guess my only option is paying (if the price is reasonable) for a custom component that I guess can be easily made.

The component would work like this:

IVR ---> plays prompt ----> 2 options ---> each option executes a different code ---> disconnects the call

I can even supply the VAD project only needing the external execution component added. The external code to activate the devices would also be made by me.

If someone is willing to do it or know any other way to do this without VAD....please let me know.
    I've tried the CDR output but it does not output in which IVR/extension the call ended (just where it started)

Thanks.

Mike

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi Mike,

You can't extend the VAD with other components in the way you need. User components are a composite of other components, so if you don't have the external code execution available, you will not be able to get it working with a user component.

If you can't pay the price of the VAD license, another possible solution would be manually creating the VoiceXML application. If you don't have expertise in that area, pretty sure you will spend more time in that task than doing it with the VAD, but that's up to you.

Kind regards.

3. MikeMelga

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying I can make an IVR from scratch? :)
    That is great news!

I've looked at VoiceXML tutorials and it looks well....strange but pretty accessible (considering my needs).

How could I then import my .vxml into 3CX?

4. MikeMelga

Even better....can I create my basic IVR with VAD, deploy it and then just add my voicexml scripts to it?

5. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

You can create a simple VAD app, deploy it to 3CX and then change the VXML code to do what you need. It's not supported by 3CX, but you can do it if you want...

6. MikeMelga

Thanks.

Will try it (if it is not more than I can handle).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.