Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Newbie Help, long delays in calls.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by spynappels, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spynappels

Hi guys, I'm a IP PBX newbie so please go easy on me.

I've just installed 3CX on a server to try it out. I want to be able to set up a small exchange for a three day event. I have installed the package on a Quad Core Opteron 2.10 GHz HP ProLiant ML115 G5 with 2Gb RAM, running Win Server 2k3 Enterprise. The install went fine, and I thought, "Great, and easy system to configure for a change." Installing the VOIP Client was equally painless, it installed on 2 laptops, one running Win XP Tablet edition (SP3) and the other running Vista Ultimate.

Unfortunately, that is where I ran into some trouble. I have set up 2 extensions, with each their own number etc., and both show up in the console as registered. They were both on FastEthernet wired connections through a Netgear switch. I tried to ring one extension from the other, and it rang on the computer i was calling from, but the computer I was calling did nothing for about 50-60 seconds before it started ringing. When I answered it, the call was ok, there was definitely a lag, but it was useable. However, when I tried to call the other direction, the same thing happened, 50-60 secs nothing, then the machine I was calling to started to ring.

I did notice that the status in the "Extension Status" window was slow to change, but the lag between starting the call and the other phone ringing is ridiculous.

Can anybody give me some ideas why this is happening and what I can do about it? I'm confident it is not the network, because all pings between all three computers were less than 1ms. Is it an AMD processor issue?

One thing I should point out is that the server is not connected to the internet, but I thought that was unecessary for internal calls, which is all this system will be used for. Could this ba making a difference?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give on this.

regards,
    Stefan.

2. spynappels

Ok, I worked out what was wrong, it was trying to get a STUN connection for each call, even if it was internal. Once I switched "Use STUN" off, it was fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.