Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

[Newbie] How can I ...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeMelga, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeMelga

Hi.

I've finished the hardware struggle part of 3CX.
    Now I have time to 'play' with it but there are a number of things I don't know how to do:

1- How can I place a call on hold using regular analog phones? I have 2 Bang & Olufsen Beocom 2 phones that I am using connected to a SPA-3102 gateway. They don't have any 'hold' key but they do have a recall and mute key. Is there any chance I can map these to hold a call? Can I hold a call using *something? :p

2- One of the outgoing lines has a higher price per call. Is there a way I can warn the dialer that he is dialing through a more expensive line?

3- How can I call my 3CX, have it hang-up and then call me (callback)?

4- Can I have a different voicemail message for different caller id's?

5- On 3CX billing information I can only set a value for each trunk but how can I set different values for different hours? For example... I have a land line that is free from 9PM to 9AM. Is it possible?

6- I have my house alarm connected to 3CX. When I my alarm triggers, 3CX makes a call to my mobile number just for warning. It would be great if I could make that call and have 3CX play some .wav file.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Mike

edit: added numbers

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

1) From the actual phone I wouldnt think so unless you use some type of dial code, and even then I dont know if its possible or not as I've never tried. The only option I could think of would be to use myphone, but if there is an analog line Id assume there would be no computer near to use in conjunction with MyPhone.

2) No warning though you could use a out bound rule so that when the user is using that more expensive trunk it would have to be intentional therefor they'd know they are utilizing the more expensive trunk.

3)??? Not a feature I'm aware of...... Could you give an example of the application in which you'd utilize that ability? Why would you want to call your pbx hang up and have it call you right back..... Possibly you could be referring to call back feature in Pro Edition?

4) You could point certain calls to certian extensions and set that extensions voice mail to what ever you like.

5) I would think not though I'm not sure

6) again I would think not though I'm not entirely sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MikeMelga

jpillow,

thanks for your answer.

You assume right. No computer nearby.

Can I protect a trunk with a pin?

For example: My wife's cell phone costs x per call. She dials only 5-6 different numbers. The phone does not have any data plan (so... no voip). My 3CX has free calls to the numbers she dials. I would like that she would be able to dial 3CX, have 3CX hang up, dial her and present her with an IVR with her phone destination options.

Yes, it's a valid approach. Gonna try that.

Thanks again!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had made this (warning tone for overflow to high cost route) a feature request for this a long time back, which obviously didn't happen. Rather than put all trunks under the same outbound rule you can create a second route, with just the more expensive trunk group, and use a prefix to access it. Some users will use 9 as a prefix for "normal' calls, the use 8 as the prefix to access a second trunk group. This way, you know which route your calls are going.

This service is usually provided when it is less expensive to call in one direction, or uses caller ID (so no call billed) to initiate a call back, thus allowing the receiver to then place a call. Since you have 3CX, you can make use of a remote extension and place a call as if you were at the same location as the PBX. Of course you'd have to have a SIP phone (3CX Phone?) and high speed internet access.

You can use a hook flash, flask key/recall key to activate a dial code. Call park?
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/extension-user-manual/dial-codes/
    You may have to do some modification to the built-in dialcodes in the ATA as they, can intercept (or apply a different interpretation to) some star codes.

This would require a device designed to do just this. If you are technically inclined, for not a lot of money, you could put something together using a cheap telephone with a speed call/redial button, a cheap MP3 player, some timing circuits and a few relays.

5. MikeMelga

leejor,

Thanks once again. Will give those a try.

6. MikeMelga

Well... as they say: necessity is the mother of invention.

I've activated 'Stereo mix' output on my sound card.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/'
    I've configured 3cx phone's microphone to use stereo mix as microphone and using Eventghost I play the audio file I wan't just before I place my call.
    Done.

Concerning the callback option... I'm already monitoring the incoming call's using CDR output so when my wife calls, 3CX hangs up.
    Then I see (again using Eventghost) that it was her and I initiate the call using 3cx phone.
    My problem now is how to transfer the call to an IVR :p

Any ideas?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not all that clear on what you are trying to intimately accomplish, but, if you are calling her back, and you want to do a transfer to an IVR, can you not just use the IVR (virtual extension) number as if you were transferring to another extension?

Is she attempting to call back out again, like using a DISA trunk? I have a different solution that I implemented for that.

8. MikeMelga

The call is being made automatically by 3CX phone. How can I transfer the call to an IVR without user intervention on the 3CX phone?

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the 3CX phone is automatically placing an outgoing call, the you'd have to have an application, that could control dialling/feature activation of the phone when certain conditions were met. While nothing is impossible, it may be difficult to engineer as it would not appear to be designed to for that type of control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.