Newbie: Incoming calls only

Discussion in 'iOS' started by dilby, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dilby

Hi - Please forgive my newbie question but I have a particular number I only use for incoming calls - I already own the number as I purchased it with a voip provider years ago. I'm wondering what I need to do to get it working with the 3CX iPhone app.
    Do I still need to run it through a provider? And if so what are the general steps required?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The most recent 3CX Apps (I'm assuming that the iPhone versions is working the same as the Android), will only work as an extension off of the 3CX PBX.

So...in a nutshell...you would have to install the 3CX PBX on a PC/Server, somewhere (home, office, cloud), and register your VoIP number as a trunk, on the PBX. The iPhone 3CX App would then be set-up as an extension (one you create in the PBX). In the trunk routing, all calls can be sent to the new extension number.

I'm assuming that the "provider" is the VoIP "company" that is holding your number for you, the one that will send you a call when someone dials it. So, yes, it will run though a provider, to the 3CX PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.