• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Newbie: Incoming calls only

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilby

Reaction score
Hi - Please forgive my newbie question but I have a particular number I only use for incoming calls - I already own the number as I purchased it with a voip provider years ago. I'm wondering what I need to do to get it working with the 3CX iPhone app.
Do I still need to run it through a provider? And if so what are the general steps required?

Thanks!

The most recent 3CX Apps (I'm assuming that the iPhone versions is working the same as the Android), will only work as an extension off of the 3CX PBX.

So...in a nutshell...you would have to install the 3CX PBX on a PC/Server, somewhere (home, office, cloud), and register your VoIP number as a trunk, on the PBX. The iPhone 3CX App would then be set-up as an extension (one you create in the PBX). In the trunk routing, all calls can be sent to the new extension number.

dilby said:
Do I still need to run it through a provider?

I'm assuming that the "provider" is the VoIP "company" that is holding your number for you, the one that will send you a call when someone dials it. So, yes, it will run though a provider, to the 3CX PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.