• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Newbie Issues Question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane_Blackwell

Reaction score
Hello All,

Firstly I'm sorry if I've overlooked any obvious answers, I've managed to find a number of posts and links but still having no look with the setup of my first trail PBX with 3CX using their hosted solution.

So here's my issues and what I've tried:

Email:
I'm using my gmail account for the customer and admin account, which happens to be the only guide's I've found anything about. I'm getting the following error when checking the Email settings:
"AuthenticationMechanismTooWeak: 5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbsE 5.7.14 bN14OKxj96dEmIyuk8LN67MRu_HLtGirb8if_NfTk67QgUtVqnBmp5lk4_gtKcp_CvTkp- 5.7.14 00xjtJMWszdujFtoOnGz50Oq5g7TSM__l40DRHTfebItDd7RV16xQTTgP5iwYNh9eywxqT 5.7.14 iehARA5zlEAj-VVWAHcdW2ET0LtnCwIMLdXPYHtndHHmLko_YUQo13QbfwZrz4rpv_Cg8Q 5.7.14 C2ZR0l2VvKfA9A6NHS1BjZzdqyyoY> Please log in via your web browser and 5.7.14 then try again. 5.7.14 Learn more at 5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 65sm1372535wrn.27 - gsmtp"
I've found the following link and checked the settings are enabled for the "Allow less secure apps", yet when when testing the emails settings I get the above error.

Web client:
I've got the web client to login to the extension I setup but it doesn't seem to work with the 3CX client as a softphone. It just say's "Error, Phone not connected"

Windows client:
I can't even get to login, I'm guessing this is linked to the issue with the welcome emails not being sent, as nothing has come through with a file to download for the client. So if I can get the emails working, it may sort this issue out.

Has anyone come across this before. I'll admit this could be an oversight on my part, as I'm picking it all up at the moment.

I'll also cop to not having gone through the training videos, I found them a little slow and decided to just have a crack at a trail system instead, I will however try them in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Shane_Blackwell ,

Is this a Windows or a Linux installation? Is it on-premise or in the cloud?

Its a cloud based deployment, with the trial 3CX cloud - I was trying to get it to work with an AWS I setup but its a big old pain in the rear. So I went with the simple option and the automated route. It was the try it cloud option with 3CX trail (not sure how long it will be up for, its probably 30 days) but I've got the free year license which is licensed.

Shane, I had the same issue. the smtp protocol doesn't want to work directly with gmail. Personally, I signed up with a free smtp service as the workaround. Things have gone a little smoother since then, I am also a 'noob' to this software (less than a week)

@Rev E Miller, It's spooky that you mention using a different SMTP service, I'm looking them up as you replied. Which did you use if you dont mind me asking? As it seem's to work, so why reinvent the wheel?!

I went with smtp2go.com 'free' version.

Reactions: Shane_Blackwell
Excellent, thats done the trick. Thank you, its sorted out the other issues as I thought.

Your Welcome, I've made the mistake of going from Google host to their server host thinking that was the problem, now I"m hoping to find an easy way back..... oh well, time to hunt the forums to see if the "eazy" answer is hiding somewhere....

In Gmail, navigate to "Recent Security Events" which is under "Sign in and security". There should be listed the attempt your server did to connect to your account. You have the option to acknowledge that it was you who tried to connect. Select that option which basically "unblocks" the IP. Wait for a few minutes and then visit this link https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha and take action. After doing so go back to your PBX and test the email. It should work. If not, wait some time and try again.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Ok team since this is a Noob forum it appears I have a complex situation which I hope someone can help with. I am setting up a proof of concept server self hosted on VMWare Virtual Machine. We have multiple offices of which 2 connect through VPN from our SonicWall NSA 2600 Firewalls, I setup Server on Windows 2012R2 Server in our NC Lab, deployed 1 Polycom VVX 411 in our Jacksonville FL Office and 1 in the NC office. Made changes to the Firewall in NC Office to allow system to communicate with the outside world and that went well, However it appears the 3CX Server is not even hitting the local firewall so neither phone is registering. I worked until 1:45 AM Saturday Morning using Sonicwall Monitor on Firewall and Wireshark on the Server and it appears the VoIP traffic is not even hitting the local firewall. Any thoughts or suggestions here would be greatly appreciated. I can get to the web interface with no issues even if I am remotely VPN'd into that office network but phones will not register at all, My first experience with 3CX as an administrator so not sure where to go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leo13215464
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.