newbie question--caller ID not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

He everyone! I have just setup my first 3cx system with 2 phones. However, I am not getting any caller ID number displayed for incoming calls on the user's phones. It just says "anonymous" when a call comes in.

I have checked the server status logs, and can't seem to find any entries where it shows the caller ID.

I am using the 3cx Small Business edition with a Patton 4114 gateway. I have checked with our phone company and we have caller ID service.

Any immediate troubleshooting steps I should look at first? I appreciate any advice! Thank you!

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Please set the Logging Level to Verbose, and restart the PBX machine.

When the incoming call is detected by the 3CX Phone System, the Server Status log will report the contents of the "INVITE" packet received. Make the content of the INVITE available so we can better identify the issue.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StanF

I had a similar problem with a Linksys 3102. Inbounds calls were working ok but no called ID. The trick (which I learned in this forum) was to configure the 3012 to wait a bit longer before answering the call (PSTN answer delay = 3). This gave more time for the callerID info to propagate to the gateway and it has worked fine ever since.

Stan

4. zooeyhall

Thanks for the info---especially about setting the time delay. I am going to give it a try.

5. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

StanF is right - keeping in mind that some telecoms providers use the time between establishing the call and the first or second ring to deliver CallerID information.

Hope this works for you.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.