Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Newbie question on PABX total solution

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pearsondan99, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pearsondan99

Hi,

As a newbie to this product just wanted to confirm a potential PABX solution I m looking at putting together;

- 3CX free version running on 64bit win2003SP2RC2 with Exchange 2007 on the same box
    - A Linksys SPA 400 as a VoiP gateway for our analogue lines (x3)
    - Linksys PAPT2 as converters for our current analogue phones
    - Internode node phone for our SIP provider

I m interested in wether the forum can see any issues in the above. The company is a small one with 10 staff locally potentially upto 20 remote via terminal services (could a softphone be an option?) its unlikely they will exceed the 8 simultanious call limit of the free version, however if so the SBS version will be purchased

On top of the above configuration I would also like to confirm the following;

- can the Linksys PAPT2 support both analogue handsets active at the same time?

- Has anyone used the SPA 400 as an anlalogue gateway for 3cx? if anyone has a better suggest when more than one PSTN phone line is required I d be interested.

Thanks in advance to posters, I look forward to the feedback/comments

Cheers

Dan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

- Make sure current version is 64bit capable, I don't believe it is. I am also unsure of the v4 release.

- 3CX Free will not integrate with Exchange 2007.

- I don't know much about the SPA400 though you can find lots of info on best multiple FXO gateways on this Forum with just a little searching.

- Linksys PAP2s are excellent, I use three myself, and they will support both analog lines in use at the same time.

- Lots of good softphones available, I use X-Lite myself, works great. 3CX v4 now has its own softphone also with call assistant integrated, would add great features for SBS version.

Hope this helps.

3. pearsondan99

Thanks for the response, have you any suggestions for VoiP gateways to PSTN lines (more than one line)

Dan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pearsondan99

Appologies missed this in my last post, has anyone had any sucess running the 3cx VoiP client on terminal services? tried this in the past with "softphones" with limited sucess...interested to hear from anyone that has this implemented and running

Thx

Dan

5. Ryandc

What do you mean by "on terminal services." What sort of configuration are you gunning for?

6. pearsondan99

I wish to install the 3cx VoiP client on our Microsoft Terminal Server so that remote users logging in via terminal services can come up as an extension remotely and make/receive calls using our 3CX PABX which will save a large amount of money on current mobile & pstn calls into the office when remote.

The terminal server is running Windows 2003 RC2 SP2. Having played with soft phones on Citrix/Terminal Services in the past I suspect this wont work however would be interested if anyone has got this working

7. Mori

Mori New Member

The following is implemented in v.4

I presume that it doesnt require terminal server, only config of external device.

8. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I'd stay away from the SPA400. While other have gotten it to work it's not well supported here due to lots of issues and Linksys support for it is only if you're a reseller of their products. So no help on their end either.
    I was using the 9000/400 combo before 3CX. Never again!

Grandstream, AudioCodes and Patton seem to be the best ones out there right now. In that order too for quality and price - you get what you pay for.

While in theory Terminal Services would work for a softphone I don't think it will work well - transferring sound over TS is not high enough quality to make a reliable call. I'm also not sure if any of the softphones are TS ready.

9. Ryandc

Use the VPN server built into Windows Server 2003. It's better, for a couple of reasons:
    If you're VPN'd in, you don't have to deal with STUN on your client ends if they're NAT'ed.
    It's easier to QOS a VPN.
    Because your VPN will (or should) place you on the same subnet as your 3cx server, you don't have to deal with configuring anything on your 3cx box to make this work.

In my office's case, the VPN server is the same as the 3cx server (Server 2003 R2), so the VPN endpoint is also the SIP server. We use PPTP on the VPN. Latency is slightly higher than being in the office on calls, but it's not too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.