Newbie question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by webguyz, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webguyz

webguyz New Member

What happens when 3 or more people call into 3CX? I just signed up broadvoice for a single in/out line and was wondering what happens when more then one person calls and I happen to be on the line. Do they get busy signals or can VOIP handle multiple inbound calls?

I have service with Ringcentral (which I would like to replace with 3CX) and they can handle multiple people calling the same 800 number without giving a busy. How can I accomplish the same thing with 3CX?

Thanks!

2. jits04

Hi,

You can decide a lot of things.

For example if you extension number is busy you can pass the call to another extension number. If you have for example an hardware/software phone with multiple account you can put on hold first call and answer the second call. 3CX phone system can pass the call to other extension number if first is busy. With enterprice editon in can manage call queue too. Please, read manual for more information.

Bye

William

3. webguyz

webguyz New Member

I guess my real question is will voip providers like Broadvoice send more then one call to a number. I got their unlimited plan but does that allow simultaneous inbound calls. I'm the only person answering so I would want the other calls to roll to voice mail.

The scenario I face is I never get calls until something is down. Twenty people may call my number at the same time when something breaks so I was wondering how other users of 3CX handle it. Do I have to get a special package from my VOIP provider that will allow all twenty of the these calls to hit 3CX on the same phone number and roll to voicemail?

Ringcentral does it but I guess the 'how' of simulatenous inbound calls and what kind of voip service I would need escapes me.

Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Few things here.

First you have to determine what you want, handle the calls internal or external.

It can be that your VSP identifies that the number is busy and presents the caller with an engage tone or routes the caller to the voice box on the VSP network.

Second if you do the call handling yourself, this means that you will have multiple voice on one line. You have to make sure that there is capacity to do so otherwise the call gets dropped without warning.

If you are able to get multiple calls on the same number and all of them are routed to your 3CX box (simply because the VSP allows that) than yep do as suggested, and configure in your extension what you want to do when the phone is engaged.

If you are serious about a BHT of 20 well you need a good internet connection and for sure QoS.

5. webguyz

webguyz New Member

itfarmer,

I think what I'm looking for is DID lines. I did a google on 'simulatenous voip calls' and I was just checking out the web site at http://www.voipstreet.com for prices on their DID's and they allow 20 simultaneous inbound calls and that number can be increased. It appears the plan I have from BroadVoice is considered a residential account so I think I need to get one of the these DID's and add my toll free number to it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sound about wright.

Now 20 calls max at anyone time (BHT = 20) you also have to make sure that your line (Internet connection) can handle the BHT.

Let me know how many calls you want (succesfully) receive your PBX and Ill do some sums for you.

There is another post somewhere that actually has some sums in there i done for (from memory) BHT = 60.

7. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I'm using nexVortex. Their lines allow for as many calls as you have bandwidth. So a single phone # can handle your 20 calls (20x75k=1500k). Does your upload bandwidth handle that?

I've looked at Broadvoice recently and they don't offer that type of multi-channel line.

Rob Lloyd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. webguyz

webguyz New Member

I am going to go with vitelity.com, their toll free pay as you go sounds reasonable to me for my 800 number and they do allow multiple simultaneous calls. Even their outbound is reasonable, but I got a monthly unlimited inbound/outbound broadvoice.com account for a local number and also to return those customers calls ;-). The only time I need simultaneous calls is when some darn server breaks and everyone with service on it starts calling. I setup a status line so they can listen to whats wrong and know we are working on it and not expect a call back.

Just checked out nexvortex and the plan I got at vitelity was 1.9 cents a minute for toll free inbound and nexvortex is 3.5 cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.