Newbie to phones etc

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spid3r1987, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spid3r1987

Hi there
    im new to this phone system thing.
    iv downloaded the free version of 3cx
    it has installed fine, but im not sure how i would connect my phone system to my pc?
    im a complete newbie to this so it would be great if somebody can let me know what i need :|
    i was originally looking at a cisco small business unified comms 300 kit etc, but since this software is free and i only need to be able to make/receive 3 calls etc

is there an idiots guide to setting up a phone network?? :D

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

We have guides for most of the common phones available at http://www.888Voip.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spid3r1987

thanks kerry
    the thing is, i have no idea how i would connect our landline to this system :S
    would i just connect the rj11 plug into a pci card on a pc? :S

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You would need either a Sangoma PCI card or a Patton 4114 Gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

rather use a voip gateway adapter with fxo port like cisco/linksys spa-3102; this is cheaper and is working fine

only special cards like sagnoma and berofix with FXO ports may accept your line into the RJ-11 plug

read the admin manual or try searching the internet for a book like 'The 3CX IP PBX Tutorial' - it can be very useful

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.