• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Newby having trouble :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KilroyWasHere

Customer
Reaction score
I setup a test 3CX IP PBX and obtained a SIP trunk for trial from a local company. The PBX seems to register with the SIP trunk provider. I have setup outbound rules and tested all of the possible scenarios that I can think of. However, when I try to place a call I get the following error message. "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Call to 1512452xxxx@(Ln.10000@DBLHORN) has failed. [ V4 64.134.218.30:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=808 ] replied: 500 Internal Server Error; from IP:64.134.218.30:5060

My newby guess is the SIP provider server is not accepting what I am sending even though the PBX is registering ok [green light, no error message]. Is there any other info I can provide that will help identify the problem? The phone unit is Cisco SPA 504G and it provisioned ok and can connect to voicemail system ok so I assume that is not the problem. The SIP provider is not on the 'approved' list so I ordered a trunk from Broadvox [why does that take 4 days?] but I would prefer to get this local company trunk working if possible so any ideas are welcome and if you have the solution I will bow down in your general direction. :lol:

Be sure that you are sending the number in a format acceptable to your provider.

You may want to speak to them about why the call isn't working.

Maybe they haven't enabled your service yet.

KilroyWasHere said:
500 Internal Server Error; from IP:64.134.218.30:5060

This would seem to indicate that it is a problem at their end.

Thanks for the reply. I did speak to them and they were like "It should work?". Hopefully Broadvox will be more helpful ;)

Solved! For some reason that seems strange to me the entry under Provider Details/Sip Server Hostname or IP needed to be my public IP rather than the providers public IP. Seems counter-intuitive to me. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.