Newby having trouble :(

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KilroyWasHere, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KilroyWasHere

I setup a test 3CX IP PBX and obtained a SIP trunk for trial from a local company. The PBX seems to register with the SIP trunk provider. I have setup outbound rules and tested all of the possible scenarios that I can think of. However, when I try to place a call I get the following error message. "The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

Call to 1512452xxxx@(Ln.10000@DBLHORN) has failed. [ V4 64.134.218.30:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=808 ] replied: 500 Internal Server Error; from IP:64.134.218.30:5060

My newby guess is the SIP provider server is not accepting what I am sending even though the PBX is registering ok [green light, no error message]. Is there any other info I can provide that will help identify the problem? The phone unit is Cisco SPA 504G and it provisioned ok and can connect to voicemail system ok so I assume that is not the problem. The SIP provider is not on the 'approved' list so I ordered a trunk from Broadvox [why does that take 4 days?] but I would prefer to get this local company trunk working if possible so any ideas are welcome and if you have the solution I will bow down in your general direction. :lol:

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Be sure that you are sending the number in a format acceptable to your provider.

You may want to speak to them about why the call isn't working.

Maybe they haven't enabled your service yet.

This would seem to indicate that it is a problem at their end.

3. KilroyWasHere

Thanks for the reply. I did speak to them and they were like "It should work?". Hopefully Broadvox will be more helpful ;)

4. KilroyWasHere

Solved! For some reason that seems strange to me the entry under Provider Details/Sip Server Hostname or IP needed to be my public IP rather than the providers public IP. Seems counter-intuitive to me. :?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.