Newer to 3CX and curious about a couple of things.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alpha, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha

Jan 12, 2012
    We are currently using the latest build of 3CX on an appliance that we have built.
    Running on Win7 32Pro.
    We have Yealink 2009, T38, and T32 phones hooked up as well a Grandstream 3175.
    One thing that I think makes sense would be for a status change to not only be reflected in the myphone, but also on the phone.
    So that if I hit the DND button on the phone that it changes my status to AWAY, or a DND status that I create.
    This way, the two would be in sync.
    Reason I am wondering about this is that I have an install at a lawyers office. He wants to hit the button on his phone to say "DND" so that calls now get routed direct to voicemail when he is with a client.
    He then also wants it that it shows his status as DND to the others on the network.
    If he changes it on his myphone, that it changes it on his phone.
    Hope that makes sense.
    Can this be done?
  2. Ian Joyce

Oct 9, 2009
    At this time no, the DND on the phone will not change the ext status on the myphone application.

You can configure the status on the myphone application to automatically switch to away after a certain amount of time of inactivity.

You could also put a request for this feature into 3CX
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. moatley

Sep 23, 2010

I also have 3cx deployed in a legal enviroment and like you have an issue with the way DND's work and their lack of phsyical presence in 3cx (i.e not showing the DND status in a BLF or within the myphone app), I also think that we need to be able to turn off changing the status within the myphone app, to stop staff setting their phones to 'away' or 'out of office' and then forgetting they have done so as their is no notification on the phone.

The best soultion to the problem i've came up with so far, which may help you is;

1. Setup a 'Digital Receptionist' (say ext 900, name DND), leave all the menu options blank then click 'Apply'. (save it)
    2. Set the time out field to 999 seconds and tell it to connect to a digital Receptionist extension 900 (itself). (your new 'DND' digital receptionist will not appear on the list of digital receptionists if you did not click 'Apply' in step 1.)
    3. Copy the away_on.wav ('Do Not Disturbe - On' message) from the 'prompt set' folder and use this as the prompt for your DND Digital Receptionist.

When your staff need to go into DND mode they simply dial 900, you can also program a button labelled 'dnd' on the phones to automatically call this extension. When staff call this extension from their phones, receptionists and other staff will see them as 'busy' via any BLF's or side-cars which have been setup to monitor the extension or within the myphone application they will be busy on a call to 900. To come out of DND mode on their phones they just simply end the call.

This soultion is not pretty as it will use up one of your licenses for each person calling the 'DND' Digital Receptionist. The plus side is that receptionists and staff can see the phone is 'busy' and if they have time to check the myphone app they will can see that the phone is on a call to 900 (which all my staff now know is the DND service).

Obviously as the phone is 'busy' on a call to the 'DND' Digital Receptionist, any other callers to that extension will get voice-mail.

it's not a perfect soultion, but something is better than nothing.

Ideally I would like to see dial-codes #61 and #60 (DND on and off) when used from an extension to amend that extensions BLF status and in the perfect world to also have DND as a physical status itself in the same fashion as away and out of office. (I see already posted on 3cx ideascale)

Kind Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.