nexvortex DID routint/incoming caller id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smokeman, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokeman

We had tested our 3cx system with our nexvortex default number, and when we added DID's, we had to do the number routing(where the phone number is added as a mask in the nexvortex web interface under number routing)
    we then went to nexvortex provider, source ID, and selected the source identification by DID, and added our DID's there. then made sure inbound rule type was DID/DDI number/mask, and calls come through properly now.
    but...
    when we switched to this, our callerID shows up as DIDCALLED:numbercalling
    we don't want our own number showing up in the caller id. It wasn't before, so not sure why it is doing that now.
    any tips on changing that, I can't find it anywhere.

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

That's because you added a DID name in the DID page, empty the name field and you are all set

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smokeman

awesome, that fixed it for our primary number from nexvortex.
    it also fixed the number coming in on our other DID's but it didn't change the font size.
    we submitted a nexvortex support request when we noticed a difference in the sip headers(+ sign added), and got this response:

The plus sign being delivered on 8702452220 is E.164 formatting and is the format of delivery for the underlying carrier servicing the DID for nexVortex. nexVortex may not modify the SIP messaging we receive from our vendor before we relay it to you, as is required by the SIP specification (RFC-3261).

You, however, may modify this messaging in any way you like on your PBX. If you want to change this formatting, please contact tech support for your PBX directly.

I can't find in 3cx where to drop the incoming +

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It's in the re-format caller IP section. I'd suggest you get the partner that sold you the license to step in as it gets a bit more complicated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. smokeman

This helped a ton, thanks!
    looks like for detailed manipulation for each area code, we have to have a seperate trunk/proxy login for our voip provider.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is of any help to you.....http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.