• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NI1 / NI2 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alenz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Finally resolved an odd issue we've been having with our setup that i wanted to share. (might save someone a few sleepless nights).

Our current setup is a 24 channel PRI provided by SHAW Communications (we're located in Alberta, Canada).
3CXV9 (finally upgrading this month).
Patton 4960

The issue was that if someone calls from a Telus or Bell Mobility account (they share towers in our area) they would get one ring, followed by complete silence. The phone on our end would still ring though. This only happened with mobility accounts from those two providers - everything else worked as expected (landlines, mobility accounts from other providers, etc). Our workaround was to setup DR's so that our clients didn't think they got hung up on.

I had provided logs to Patton and they saw no issues with our setup, and after hours of going through the support channels of Shaw, and Telus, and finally dealing with the engineers and experts, we were able to determine it was an issue with the Facility Message look ups on Shaw's end. One of the engineers recommended changing our service from NI2 to NI1.

Changing the service to NI1 seemed to fix the issue, and doesn't appear to have created any other issues so far!

Hope this helps someone.

Alen

Thank you , I will pass this along. I do know a partner that seems to be having a similar issue.

When the provider builds the PRI in their switch, they should be able to specify NI1 or NI2, based on your service requirements/request.

I was under the impression that most new installs has moved on to NI2.

Our Provider had originally setup the PRI as NI2 - and our gateway (the Patton 4960 is NI2 with NI1 backwards compatibility.)

For whatever reason, there was a communication issue on our providers end with some mobile providers.

Switching our service to NI1 resolved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.