NIC Binding SBS 2003

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lav180, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lav180

Hi,

I've just installed 3CX for the first time. When the installation went through 3CX reported that it had bound itself to the public IP address on the second NIC, I wanted to use the Internal interface and then route everything through ISA 2004. I can't see anywhere where 3CX will report what NIC's it is using. I have a Snom M3 the base station is on the private LAN when I look at identity 1 the "Server is Local" box is blank. All help appreciated. Apologies if the questions have been answered already, please point me to relevent section.
    Cheers,
    Pete

2. lav180

Thought the issue could be that as there were 2 NICS present at install it detected both and bound itself to the public interface. So I uninstalled 3CX disabled public NIC and reinstalled. Checked the system log and th eonly IP present was the loacl LAN, great this is what I want. Re-enabled the Public NIC checked the Server Log and it had auto discovered the second interface and added it!. When I then ran the firewall test it returns Error(13) "The machine is on a public IP. Please check the FAQ for more information." There is no FAQ that I can find for this error. Could someone from 3CX please respond to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.