Nice to see windows based IP-PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am new to IP-PBX so not really much aware about the netigrities in it but very much aware of the Asterisk and its various binaries available over the web.

WOuld like to know that if 3Cx is going to matchup with the features of Asterisk. and what about the pricing for enterprice version would that also be competitive with Asterisk and its variant .

I wish the 3Cx team a very good luck for their endeavor.

THanks and regards,

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think there is anything that is as powerful as Asterisk out there at the moment. It's just a case of how much time you want to spend learning how to configure it.

3CX may be able to match all of the basic functionality and tweaks you can do once they iron out the bugs, of which, there are plenty.

However, if you want to help make this software as good as it can be, then install a copy and get playing!!

Maybe the Admin can sort out a bugs stickie to the forum as well as suggestions sticky???

T

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks

Hi Tupoar and CTIconsultant.

Thanks for the feedback.

We plan to match most of Asterisk feature set, but we will definitely need another 3-5 months to get to that point. But we will get there, we are sure :)

However note we dont want to build an Asterisk look-a-like on Windows. We have very clear plans how our system will be different and i think that we will have a clear advantage when it comes to integrating with Windows network technology and Microsoft server products such as Exchange.

And yes, we need to iron out quite a few bugs as well. We probably need until January/February to have a really solid build, and then well need another few months to implement a bunch of features. But that will be easy once we have the basic version in place.

In regards to price, we plan to compete on price. There will be a powerful free version and low cost enterprise/professional version. Price has not been set yet but its going to be low.

All the feedback you can give us will be helpful. Also we will be rewarding all early adopters/beta testers with free enterprise versions & support too. More about that soon on our forum. Hang on in there and we will do our best to make it worthwhile!