NIS 2009 firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DalaMicke, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DalaMicke

Is it possible to run the setup wizard guide once again after installing 3CX Phone System?

The setup wizard guide triggers my firewall (NIS 2009) to ask me "Do you want to allow this?"
    A believe it is up to three applications that i need to approve in my firewall. The problem is that
    if I don't quickly press "Yes, allow always" on all questions the setup wizard guide will timeout with an error.

Without running the setup wizard guide I cant use the software at all - No login, no password - no nothing.
    If I answer "Yes, allow always" when the setup wizard guide runs the first time, it will work the next time I run it.
    So: How to run the setup wizard guide once again, if it fails the first time?

I solved this on a another computer by simply uninstall and reinstall the software. This time the setup wizard guide
    worked because it was already approved by the firewall. This seems to happens EVERY time when installing on a new computer.

Is this the only way to install 3CX Phone System? (Install - Uninstall - Reinstall). Or is it possible to run the setup wizard guide once again?

Perhaps I am doing something wrong when installing. What is the correct way to install 3CX Phone System?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Re: Problem with install

You need to disable that firewall in order to install 3Cx Phone System. It is not recommended at all to run a firewall on the 3CX phone system machine, especially if it is not the windows firewall itself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DalaMicke

Thanks for your answer.
    I am running this on my personal laptop and I dont wont to lose my firewall protection.

But now it is running. I find a way to run the setup wizard guide again.
    Just run the file "3cxWizard.exe" in the "Bin" subfolder in the install directory of 3Cx Phone System.

Once the firewall have approved of all applications (I count them to 11) everything works fine.
    But are there any other drawbacks of software firewalls? Does it effect performence and sound quality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.