No audio and automaticly disconnects.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Heath, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath New Member

I have an Aastra phone and on 1 of them when I dial out I hear it rings. However the other party can't hear me and I can't hear them. All I can hear is myself (echo). I have port 9000-9500 opened in my firewall. I connect to OVH with SBC.

On another Aastra phone when I dial out it rings for a few seconds and automaticly disconnects. On incoming, just a brief ring burst.

Can't figure any of these out. And these phones are legacy supported phones.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Heath,

From what you have described I would have to question the firewall, at either end of the call, port forwarding/SIP ALG (Dependent on your network topology). Or the network topology itself - Please advise.

Is everything that should be turned off on the server off ? local firewall, anti virus, any other conflicting programs or software ?

How many of these phones are affected ? And if only one or two what is different to those and the working phones.
    For example firmware, location Etc

If these phones are remote (3CX hosted PBX) have you tried enabling PBX delivers audio on the troubled extension(s) as a
    test - this setting should not be required if using the 3CX SBC however worth seeing what the result is.

If you are using remotely across SBC and/or STUN this could maybe be an issue with the nature of legacy phones.

#2 eddv123, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. Heath

Heath New Member

PBX is hosted at OVH and running SBC in my office. I have 4 Aastra phones and issue is on only 1. All the same model and firmware. All the ports are open I did a side by side comparison in the webgui from a working phone on the settings and they both match.

4. eddv123

Hi Heath,

Aastra phones are not supported for remote deployments using STUN or SBC. It is one of the limitations I am afraid.
    I have amended my original response to reflect the hosted and SBC setup you have. From the Aastra template:

<AllowedNetworkConfig>
    <option value="LOCALLAN">1</option>
    </AllowedNetworkConfig>

I have had success in the past with unsupported products remotely either by altering the 3CX template and thus creating a custom template
    or a simple/Manual setup by pointing the devices registrar to the SBC instead of the server. However I would avoid this if possible.

The other options you would need in the template are:

<option value="REMOTESTUN">1</option>
    <option value="SBC">1</option>
    </AllowedNetworkConfig>

However unlike the Cisco templates (which also do not support STUN and SBC) Aastra do not include these parameters in the 3CX in-built template.There may also be other settings within the template which might also need changing dependent on the phone model.

I have found other forum posts discussing these options also:

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/using-unsupported-phones-on-cloud-platform.49592/#post-201360

For unsupported models such as Cisco Polycom Aastra however setting up a VPN maybe preferable.

5. Heath

Heath New Member

How do I amend the temper or do VPN

6. eddv123

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.