• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No audio between internal extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew.mcintosh

Reaction score
We have created a temporary 3cx (V11) server that is going to be used for a disaster recovery test.

We have created the server from a backup of the production 3cx server , we are using provisioning to provision 9 Yealink T28 phones to 9 new extensions that are only be used for the test.

The provisioning has worked well and all phones have registered without any problems.

For the purpose of the test we only need to make internal calls, however although the phones can make calls no problem there is no audio at either end of the call.

Anybody any ideas?

Without knowing the set-up of your network, or how the phones are/were provisioned... you might try the "PBX delivers audio" option in the extension settings. For some reason, your network may be blocking audio directly between devices.

It may have something to do with the router (options) you are using. I've found that there are fewer issues (of course it may be less secure) when using a basic router.

andrew.mcintosh said:
We have created a temporary 3cx (V11) server that is going to be used for a disaster recovery test.

We have created the server from a backup of the production 3cx server ,...

?

Another thought, since you restored a back up, is the environment including network settings, providers etc. and everything else at your DR site identical to the live site?

I use the back-up & restore tool often, for demo purpose and show & tell, but of course the restore brings in every thing in it's original format, some times I need to adjust a setting here and there depending what environment I make the restore into.

Thanks for your thoughts, It turned out there was a problem with a switch that was being used for the phones. It was not allowing communications between the phones once the 3CX box had handed off communications to the phones. Even though all phones could talk to the 3cx server without a problem! We put in a new switch and all is now working as expected .

Thanks again

Interesting solution. Care to let us know what kind of switch exhibited such behavior.. something the rest of us should consider avoiding? Simply curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.