No Audio from External Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hanz007, Oct 26, 2007.

1. hanz007

I successfully setup 3cx with all internal extension (entension within the LAN) working well. Got to register also externanal extension but the problem is when these extensions try to call internal extension, there is no audio but we the called party rings. Is there anything that needs to open such as ports from the router? I would appreciate any help. this is the only missing link. The setup is built on Windows XP. Internet connection is through a router (lynksis).

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Please take a look at this post http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/3cx-phone-system-general-1/the-portforwarding-faq-hope-this-gets-a-sticky-1697/

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

You don't need to do anything with ports and router if you can receive audio.
    It seems a NAT problem in remote network or incorrect configuration of phone.

You need to configure external phone to use STUN (discover global address)

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

What phone are you using on external extension? It can be the phone has well, i have a phone here that inside the Lan works great but outside(it needs stun) doesnt work, register everything.. but no audio goes to that phone... i can hear the other party(internal) but other party cant hear me... its a firmware problem that probably isnt going to be solved since its a... cheap phone...

Cheers

5. hanz007

I am using both IP Phone and X-Lite softphone for testing but both dont have audio. I will try STUN. But I have question on STUN. Does the STUN setting of both the 3CX and Xlite used as external extension or any other SIP Phone should be the same?

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

They dont need to be exactly the same but... its advised to use the same stun server.....

Cheers

7. rnoguera

I had similar problems with Voip Lines. Then I installed a SIP aware firewall from Intetex and all problems disapeared immediately.