No audio from outside firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redwagon, Feb 21, 2008.

1. redwagon

I have a central office where the 3CX software is installed. The 3CX is install on its own machine and firewall on fixed IP from our T1 line.

I have the following ports open on my firewall to support the 3cx

Port 5481
    Port 3478 Stun
    Port 5060-5070
    Port 9000-9015 for external sip phone.

And I am using inphonex as my voip provider.

If am using a phone at the central office inside the firewall everything works fine.
    Voice mail, VOIP provider, FXO gateway.

Ok so now here is my problem.

I have 3 remote offices.

They all handytone adapters on their desk and SIP software on their computer.
    Everyone is connect by a unique 9000 port.
    I can call another ext at the same office or at another remote office and it works fine.

But if I dial out using the central office gateway or the VOIP provider or even voice mail I have no audio.

The person can hear me but I cant hear them. From what I can tell the audio out is going out on one port but the audio back is on another and since internally I did not open the other port this port is blocked.

I open ports 7000-9500 in the remote office firewall and everthing work fine.

But since I have more than one device in the remote office my firewall will not allow port forwarding to more than one ip.
    So only one phone will work at a time.

I used sipphone.com for a few years and did not have to open any ports at all on the firewall .
    And also this is a problem if my salesmen take their laptops on the road and are using a public connection amd cant open the firewall.

Is there something I need to change to fix this problem?

Any help anyone can give would be great.

Thanks,

Trent

2. respecte

What kind of fw are you using, seems that you should be able to forward more than one?

3. redwagon

I am using a linksys router. I know there are routers out there that can open the ports in a range. It is just frustrating since I need to use this on the road and dont have access to firewall.
    I have used same hardware with other sip companies like sipphone and it work no problem.

4. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Hi Trent,
    I think the problem is in the hand over process between your 3cx and Sipgate. To bypass this, rather select the "PBX delivers Audio" option in 3CX under the extension setup.

I would in any case use a VPN between all three the branches so that you will eliminate the NAT issues altogether.
    Your remote workers with Laptops can user the 3CX Voip client software that also uses tunneling to avoid NAT problems

Hope this helps you