No audio from Welltech ATA to Yealink T52s internally

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Phillip Horn, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillip Horn

Hi everyone,

We're using a local 3CX server. We use Yealink T52s phones. We use Welltech ATA 172POE for our faxes and other analog lines. The Yealink phones have all codecs listed as available, and the Welltech has G711 and G729 and G723 listed.

When I call from an ATA handset to a yealink handset, the ATA handset can HEAR the Yealink, but the Yealink can not hear the ATA. This is ONLY if I direct dial an internal extension. If I dial out and back in (full local DID) to get the call routed through the SIP trunk, then it works fine.

Any clues as to why? We first thought our butt set was bad, so I brought my fluke in, then we discovered the work around.

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Check PBX delivers audio and call me in the morning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phillip Horn

That's on for all the trunks -- Is there somewhere else to check that box?

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I would check for each extension as well...under options

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Phillip Horn

When I check the options, I see the PBX Delivers audio at the extension level.
    It doesn't seem to matter if that is checked or not, and there's no option for that (that I have found) in the FXS/DECT or FAX Extensions area to change or update. I suppose I shouldn't have these set up as FAX extensions, but even at that, I should be able to fax from ext 2771 to ext 2781, right?
    What does that PBX Delivers audio checkbox do? Does it force the endpoint through the PBX and transcode from codec to codec or?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.