No audio in voice mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by draven187, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draven187

I run the latest 3cx version on a windows xp fundamentals virtual machine. Incoming and outgoing calls works fine. If an incoming call goes to voice mail their is no sound/audio. If you call voice mail from an internal phone their is still no audio. If you call voice mail you see the timer running that the call is answered. The log doesn't show any faults or errors. So voice mail isn't working at all.

I already tried installing the k-lite codec pack and installed the right (i think) audio driver. Does anybody know what can cause this problem or now a solution?

Thanks in advanced!

I also tried to call voice mail from the 3cx softphone, got the same problem

2. draven187

Seems like the problem exists in the polycom SPIP 430 devices i'm using, tested with a cisco ip phone and audio in voicemail works.

3. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Is this phone external.

If is it not have you factory reset the phone, it sounds like it has stun enabled. Kindly post a wireshark capture of the issue and I will take a closer look at it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wzaatar

Try checking the codecs you have enabled. If you're on the free version, PCMU/A are activated by default, I suggest you switch to iLBC and enable iLBC on the phones.

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. draven187

It doesn't matter if I call from internal to voicemail or from my cellphone to my 3cx pbx. their is still no sound when voicemail starts.

I migrated to Server 2003 R2 and from VMServer to XenServer but that doesn't seem to help. I try to do something with the codecs and hopefully that works

oooo.. ps. it's indeed the freeversion

6. draven187

Polycom SPIP 430 doesn't support iLBC at all.... so that solution won't work

7. draven187

Deinstalled de K-lite codec pack and installed the full K-lite codec pack. Problem solved the audio problem by calling the number and when the call goes to voicemail I get audio. Now see if it works from a internal phone to the voicemail box

8. wzaatar

Great! Any updates?

9. HTIT

I just tried this with the klite full package on a 2003 R2 server on a fresh 3CX install with the same base issue with no audio from VM service.... did not work for me. :/

10. m4f1050

I have the same issue. I am running Server 2008 R2, KLite Mega pack and Axon Virtual PBX and I can make calls and receive calls just fine, but when I dial my voicemail (ext 199) I get no sound. And when my voicemail picks up if I don't answer my extension I hear nothing.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not certain that this will still apply, but, didn't there used to be an issue, when using voicemail, if a Server didn't have an audio card/drivers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.