• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

NO Audio on Android 5.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickrivard

Reaction score
NO audio after installing the latest version of Android (5.0) on my NEXUS 5.
Any comments?

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: [NEXUS 5]
Firmware Version: [5.0]

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
NO AUDIO: [Phone|Heatphone with MIC|BT]

I suppose that is one of the risks you run being one of the first to install anything. It may very well be that the OS has changed enough (with respect to the 3CX App) that the App requires some modification, by 3CX to work properly.

Unless it is something that I can back out of, I tend to play it safe and wait for the dust to settle when dealing with any new software/firmware/OS releases. "If it ain't broke"...I can wait.

Given that this is first mention of this Android release, I guess we will have to wait and see if 3CX has any comments on the subject.

Update...It appears that Android 5.0 is having some teething problems, so I would hold off upgrading for a while.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30116319

Anyone from 3CX care to reply??

No Audio after installing Android 5 on my Nexus 5 !!

Good Evening

I am experiencing same issuues after installing the new android (lollipop) on my Nexus 5.

It seems that when i use the 3cX app to make calls, the calls are made normally but no audio is included. It looks as if the microphone and speaker is collapsed. After testing my account in different devices, everything looked ok so its being obvious that the new os is creating problems to 3CX app.

General Info
-----------------
Device : Nexus 5
3CX version :3CX v12

As this situation creates huge manging problems in our work a reply would be highly appreciated.
Please advice.

Kind Regards,
Alex

I'm not certain as to the exact date that the latest version was released, but you might want to try uninstalling, then downloading it again.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/news/3cxphone-android-lollipop/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.