No audio on DID Line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by emerbrito, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emerbrito

Hi;

My system is working well when using internal extensions and a broadvoice line to external calls.

Today i got a DID line from DID World Wide and i probabilly missed something during the setup because when somebody calls, looks like the PBX get the call but... there is no audio.

Here is the log lines, every time i call the DID number, one line like this will be created:

17:27:21.398 Endpoint::findSource [CM010001] Line configuration does not allow identification of the source of this call. Check Advanced Options for Gateways and Providers and match a field to a correct value from the following: Contact IP: '204.XX.XXX.XXX'; From: 'XXXXXX2001'; To: 'XXXXXXXX4700'; Rline: 'XXXXXXXX4700'; Contact: 'XXXXXX2001'

The Setup:
    Under "General/General Settings/Settings for Direct SIP Calls" I have the "Local SIP domain" set to "sip.mydomain.com" (my real domain) and the "Allow calls to external SIP URIs" uncecked.

To create a line i we to "Add DID", I entered the DID number, and set the options:

Source: Anywhere
    Route calls to: "Digital Recepcionist" (office hours and outside office hours).

On the DID World Wide Control Panel i have:
    Map to Custom Server: sip.mydomain.com
    Protocal: SIP

Where am i missing in here?
    I really appreciate any help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Go to the configuration of the line you're using with that did, go to "Other Options" select "Use ip in contacts" and below use the IP show here Contact IP: '204.XX.XXX.XXX'
    That should solve your problem...

Cheers

3. emerbrito

Hi miraportuga,

I didn't find this option there: Use ip in contacts
    I'm using the 3CX v3.1.2434.0 (free version)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Under "Lines" press "manage"
    Then below "Gateway/Provider Name" that shows up on the board on the right click on the Voip account that DID number goes to
    Then on "Other Options" select "Use ip in contacts" and Below inpur the ip address that shows up you know where...

Cheers

5. emerbrito

thanks for the help.

it worked but... i'd like to understand something in here:
    the company says the DID lines can be forwarded to an IP PBX "or" to a VoIP line (like broadvoice, etc)

the PBX has a place to add DID lines and other place to add VoIP lines.
    why to get it working, instead of add a DID line i have to configure the VoIP (broadvoice) line?

so, everytime somebody call my DID number they will be using my VoIP line from broadvoice: (i'm getting confused in here) :shock:

6. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, i never worked with DID lines alone... but i guess a did line is configured on the website of the company that gives you the number.... there you configure your settings for it to ring on the Voip line you want. The configuration i told you has nothing to do with the did itself, if you had a DID Number for that line from broadvoice in the first place it would still ask you to input that ip address on that same location, that is a configuration that has to be done for the lines, or gateways for it to work properly.

Cheers

7. emerbrito

Hi miraportuga,

I found this information on 3CX web site:
    http://www.3cx.com/support/SIP-trunks.html
    I did exactly what it says and know it's working the way i was expecting.

The DID line became a trunk (for incoming calls only) and when somebody call it's number, it rings its own line, not the Voip line.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.