• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No audio on IVR prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickK

Reaction score
i suddenly lost all audio on IVR prompts when making inbound calls.
without IVR phones rings normal, outgoing all fine, but as soon as call goes to ivr or message there is just a silence.
another strange thing is that voicemails are not sending. Supposedly i cant hear audio but after its done i should be able to record a voicemail, but it never records anymore, just silence in the phone for a long time.

i dont recall any changes being made and even rolled back system to couple of month ago, nothing helps
25.03.png

What type of system is this being used on, what operating system. Check your audio drivers. Are you able to play a wav file? Do you get an error message if you try?

3cx latest build. on windows server 2008 r2
Audio files by itself played good and with no problems at all.

Cant hear Prompt played through extensions or when making inbound call

Does 3CX show all services as running?

yes all of them, and restarted couple of times

any ideas please?

Can you listen to voicemails, any other system audio files, or is it just IVR audio?

NickK said:
i suddenly lost all audio on IVR prompts when making inbound calls.

I'm assuming then that this was working properly up until some point. What happened to change that? Operating system update, hardware change, additional software added to the server?

Things like this do not generally happen for no reason, of course, a hardware fault will do it, but you might see other issue arise as well.

If you have an audio card on the server and are able to "play" other audio files, then I don't know what it is. You are going to have to discover what change caused this to happen.

Hi,

Try from one extension to call Voice Mail number. See if you can hear the prompt. If not... it can be a web server problem. Maybe you need to reinstall it.

i can listen to any files that played directly on server, but can listen to IVR or voicemail or other welcome messages, and also i lost ability to leave a message on inbound calls. thee is no beep or prompt and when time is gone message wont be recorded and delivered. im thinking about that web server to re install. is it IIS? Is original installation of 3CX contains server?

i have windows server 2008 r2 standart

just restore a system to half a year earlier time at which everything was working fine. and same thing...
can it be internet connections? or something else?

Hi,

Check the services, from Services status, to see if all of them are up and running. There you can see the type of web server that you are using. The 3cx installation contains a web server and, if your OS is Win 2008 Server, it should be IIS.

NickK said:
just restore a system to half a year earlier time at which everything was working fine. and same thing...
can it be internet connections? or something else?

Do you hear prompts in case if you call IVR from local extension?

Hello

We have the same problem with one of our customers... Suddenly, no sound on the IVR, and the call stay stuck in it.

No problem with queues, only digital receptionist ... Server 2008 R2 (VM under Hyper-V), works fine since august 2011...
No windows update, no hardware change, nothinf done : yesterday no problem, this morning we have the issue ...

We tried to call the IVR from an internal extension, same issue.
Nothing in the logs, any idea ?????

Have just found this problem on one of our client pbx, a VAD IVR has been running since last Sept, now there is no voice on the IVR or the VMail. Have changed from abyss to IIS, have backed up and restored on a clean install and made no difference. the VAD has been tested on another pbx and works ok, my android phone is registered to the faulting pbx and calls work fine, no audio issues but cannot get audio from the voicemail.
The PBX shows the call in progress but no abvious error in the activity log, will try some packet traces next but this is a strange one :roll:

Am not certain, but I reported something similar a couple of weeks ago.

1. Is the system on a fixed public IP.
2. Are you using nexVortex?
3. Dial the IVR from an internal extension and see if you get audio.
4. If your situation is the same as mine, then you will get the audio on an internal extension.
5. Now try using an external call to dial into the IVR.

If you now get audio, then we have the same situation. I did a wireshark and no rtp packets were being passed as the desitination IP could not be reached on the outbound. It was an IP that I am not familar with.

WHat version of 3CX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.