No Audio On Nokia As Remote Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CyleO, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyleO

Hi

I am having some trouble getting audio to and from my nokia's as remote extensions on outside WLAN/3G.
    I get the phones to register & Make and Receive Calls but no audio.

Here is the Log report.

14:27:02.719 [CM505001]: Ext.10: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [] PBX contact: [sip:10@192.168.1.125:5060]

14:27:25.688 [MS105000] C:153.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=41.243.35.110:49152,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=192.168.1.125:7192

If some one could point me in the right Direction that would be great.

Cheers

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Running...what, on the Nokia?? Over WiFi or 3G?

3. CyleO

Both.

I have also notice on the firewall checker there are errors on the UDP RTP Ports 9000-9049.
    I find it odd that the phones Reg and call internal and external numbers but just doesn't send audio.
    I have also tried it a different Wifi Zones same thing.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this using a SIP program that comes with the Nokia, or are you running a version of 3CX phone? You haven't said.

Does the phone work correctly (audio) on your home LAN Wifi?

Not working over 3G may have something to do with your provider. I can't get audio working using the 3CX phone for Android on 3G even using VPN, over Wifi, no problem.

The firewall checker errors may be indicating that you don't have all of the necessary ports forwarded properly at the router at the 3CX end. That might explain "no audio" in one direction.

Do you have STUN enabled on the Nokia? If you have the Nokia registered and hen try to call that extension, does it ring (but still no audio)?

5. CyleO

Hey.

Im using The SIP program on the nokia.
    I installed the SIP_VoIP settings.
    And then using the Internet tell to call out.

If Im in the home WLAN the same as the 3CX.
    I get audio no probs.
    Just the phones always deReg.
    But not a issue.

I have entered the Stun as:
    -stun.3CX.com
    -Port 3478
    Should I maybe use another port on the Nokia side or leave it as the default.

Yes when the phone is in the remote Office it does Register and it makes and receives call's but Yes no audio.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the phone at other locations, or just at the office? There may be additional firewalls set up at your work location that will prevent this from working at that location. It could be that the ports that need to be used are forwarded off to another device in the office.

7. SUN0019

hi, can you tell me how you have set up your nokia? i have a nokia n8 but i cant connect it like an nternal of my 3cx
    tank

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the Nokia SIP setting on your phone are anything like what a friend has on his Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, then, i don't know what to tell you. there were settings in there that just left me shaking my head. And, they provide no support at all.

"No audio" means that some of the ports are not open, or 3CX does not know where to send the packets/has been given the wrong address to send them to. Usually, making use of STUN will correct this, but every situation can be different. Concentrate on getting the WiFi 3CX connection working first, it should have the fewest issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.