• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No audio on outbound calls in one direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwestmark

Reaction score
I'm currently using the 3CX softphone for Windows connected to a Mitel 3300 PBX. IP is only running between my phone and PBX. The PBX communicates with the PSTN via a PRI/T1. I can make calls to other internal extensions and audio works in both directions. If someone calls me from outside (through the T1), audio works in both directions. If I call out to someone (again through T1), I can hear them but they can't hear me. Any ideas?

The only thing that might be an issue is that my computer sits on a different subnet than my PBX. My PBX is on a 192.168.5.x network and my PC is on a 192.168.0.x network. A Fortinet firewall joins these two networks, but we have set all traffic to be wide open.

Any thoughts?

It is rather puzzling that you can place calls to other extensions, and audio is fine, yet if you place an outside call, there is no audio one direction.

I'm wondering why there would be a different behaviour, as, theoretically the voice path should be passing through the PBX, in both cases. To eliminate the subnet as a possible problem, you might try connecting the PC running the 3Cx phone, to the same subnet as the Mitel PBX to see if that makes any difference. Are there any other extensions working in the same subnet that you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.