• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Audio on Outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

securefitz

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently evaluation 3CX before making the transition from Elastix.

I have configured the system and done all of the port forwarding on the firewall, and ran the Firewall Check, and everything passes.

Audio works fine with incoming calls and calls between extensions, but there is absolutely no sound when making outbound calls. The outbound calls go through, and you can answer the call, but there is no audio in either direction.

I am testing with the Iphone App and the desktop App.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @securefitz

Are these local extensions or remote? Also how many nic's do you have on the PBX server? Since inbound and incoming calls work correctly i would assume that the PBX is sending audio. Can you test with a different provider and see if you have the same results?

These are local extensions.

The PBX server has 1 NIC

I am currently testing with siptrunk.com and I have not tired another company.

I just tested with Flow route and I have outgoing sound. Not sure what is going on with siptrunk.com. Any thoughts?

As a next step i would try with a different provider to see if the issue persists. You can also run a wireshark capture and see where the issue is but you need to be familiar with wireshark to do so.
Also make sure that PBX delivers audio is enabled under the trunk settings and supports re-invite and replaces is not selected.

Reactions: clovanzo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robynL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.