NO Audio on SPA941

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lunesta, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lunesta

I am trying to use Linksys SPA941 as a remote extension. It is registering fine but when I call the other extension which is at the office (3cx server is also at the office and it is enterprise ed)I can not hear the otherside, but otherside can hear me fine.
    I am using Linksys RV042 router and FW is disabled on it. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
    TIA

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

One way audio is caused by a firewall/nat problems. Either the firewall/nat at the office, or the firewall/nat at the extension side is blocking one of the audio tunnels. Try using the tunnel feature in the voip client and see if you can make it work with that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kamyau

Hi there,

I got exact the same problem. I think it is the firewall/nat of the external netwrok. I have use the internal external calling to PSTN phone via VoIP provider. It work fine....

If Anyone get a clue.. please let me know. I have forward port 5060 to the IP Phone. It ring ... but just can't recieve sound. Sound send out withou any problem...

If this is a common fact... How can we expect customer travel with their notebook.. or extension that will work.? We will never know how the firewall of hotel, motel .. .set up.

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Did you bind Audio to PBX MEdiaserver? Take a look if the configuration in 3CX of your external extension this is switched on or off, play around with this setting, and secondly what I did in those cases is to check if it works when I'm using the neighbours internet. So I checked it with several different places so I was shure that it was a 3CX problem or a problem in my own house and internet connection.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I just saw the manual of your router. When you put the 3CX in your " DMZ internet" Is that changing the whole thing or still the same, since I see that you have a seperate possibillity to plugin into a DMZ internet.

6. lunesta

Thanks for the all the replies. I am going to try all those options today and let you guys know if it worked or not. Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.