• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No audio on Tunnel connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
We're rolling out a site which has almost 100% "softphone" rather than deskphone clients, and many of the users want to work from home or out of office.

3CXPhone Windows client is working fine in-office.

BUT

Out of office, via the Tunnel, we get perfectly happy registration and call control but often one- or even no-way audio.

Firewall is set to pass traffic on 5090, both TCP and UDP, to the server, from any source. It;s also set up to allow 5000 and 5001 for Presence - though I would *prefer* to close 5000 to protect the console!!

It seems to make NO difference if I tick the "Disallow use of Extension outside LAN" box - or leave it ticked as that's the default - I assume that's coz the system sees a Tunnel connection as "Lan".

It seems to make NO difference if I tick the "Use Tunnel for remote" box in the Extension/3CXPhone tab. Ticked or unticked, it allows the extension to register and call but without audio.

Server Event Log does NOT show "no audio received".

Have not yet had chance to 'Shark a test connection, that's on tomorrow's to-do list.

Kind of hoping before I get to that someone will spot my obvious mistake. :)

What kind of handsets do you have offsite? do you have pbx delivers audio selected? Youd defintely get more responses and assistance if you would replicatee the issue and attach a wireshark (xxx out pertinent info about your trunk)

ccomley said:
Out of office, via the Tunnel, we get perfectly happy registration and call control but often one- or even no-way audio.

Firewall is set to pass traffic on 5090, both TCP and UDP, to the server, from any source. It;s also set up to allow 5000 and 5001 for Presence - though I would *prefer* to close 5000 to protect the console!!

Which direction ddoes not have audio? I'm going to assume it is a trunk/extension at the PBX. That would indicate a blocked port/firewall issue at the PBX end.

Have you opened ports 9000 to 9049 and tried calls without using the tunnel? If people are working from home, and calls without the tunnel work, then I would suggest running that way, at least for the time being. The only reason for using the tunnel is to overcome NAT issues at the far end, which, I wouldn't expect when using a single extension behind a home router. The only issue i could see is a port conflict if the remote user already had some sort of VoIP service at home. That could be remedied by assigning a local port above the standard 5060/5061. The 3CX tunnel affords no additional security (other than possibly not having to open some ports on your PBX end), for that you should move to VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.