No Audio on Voicemails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dchocco, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dchocco

Hello,

I have a couple odd voicemail issues which just started late last week. It is a fairly new install (1 month) but just started randomly last week.

1. No audio on voicemails. I checked the wav files on the server and sure enough, no audio. Some messages are over 1 minute and the file size isn't small, so I assume there should be something there.

2. IVR doesn't recognize PIN. From the 3CX Android client I can access it and it will take the PIN. I confirmed the user is not on speakerphone.

The audio issue is the big one. I've tried to restart the IVR service and phone system itself, but nothing. Phones are Yealink T46 fwiw.

TIA

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @dchocco

Make sure that the phones are on the supported firmware and provisioned with the default template. Then try leaving a voicemail to an extension from an external call and a voicemail from another extension. Check if there is audio is either voicemail. That should give you a clue as to where the problem is coming from

3. dchocco

Thanks for your reply.

I have verified the phones are on the correct (most recent) firmware and re-provisioned one today with the default template.

Internal calls are receiving the greeting to leave a voicemail, but external calls just get the beep to leave a voicemail. Both have no audio.

Nothing on our side was changed from when it was working. Any help is appreciated.

4. dchocco

I just tested it myself from my 3CX Android client going through an internal call, and audio was picked up. I had another user test onsite internally using the *4 dial code and letting it roll to voicemail. Both had the greeting play, but neither had audio.

5. dchocco

Not sure if it's related, but I was just told internal paging (intercom) beeps the phones, but no audio comes through.

6. dchocco

Tonight I tried to reload the system and restore from backup, thinking there may be an issue with the install. Still no luck.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

i have sent you a p.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.