No audio - only to one number!? from certain phones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by h2009, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi,
    I'm having a strange issue at the moment. On one of my setups, If i make a call from ext 103 to a number in dubai 0097, the call works without any issues. If I make the same call from any other phone I get no line ringing or audio.

Now I've got the wireshark logs, but there not telling my this is occurring unless I'm missing something.

I'd be grateful if someone could look at this just to see if I'm missing any thing.

P.S Ext 103 is an Aastra phone provisioned by 3CX, per all the other phones (which are a mixture of Snom and Aastra)
    I've tried using and settings different codex on both the PBX and phones, but with no luck.

The system is not in a NAT - and is fully open to the internet. All other calls to every other number I called work fine from all phones.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. comresource

comresource Member

Looking at the traces..the working one shows in the SIP INVITE as being from an extension "103@192.168.0.200" but the non working one shows the from being "441273818365@sip.orbistelecom.com"

Is the non working phone on the same 3CX system?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. h2009

h2009 Member

Sorry I forgot to mention that when I looked a the ncap. The one which isn't working seems to be going direct to the sip provider, rather than the PBX.
    Yes they are both on the same system, both extension are 100% idenitical in every way other than the ext number.

This is what I can't seem to get my head around. If everything is the same then why is this occurring?

I've tried doing a master reset on the phone, auto provision/manual provision/semi-provision but none of it is working. I could understand if no numbers are working, but if all but this number is working its very strange.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

For such an issue, it would be best if we could diagnose it by means of a ticket. Kindly open a ticket a we will assist you from there.

5. h2009

h2009 Member

HI thanks for your reply - I thought it would be best here since Aastra's are not supported?

6. comresource

comresource Member

If possible could you post a sanitized copy of the phone provisioning file?

7. h2009

h2009 Member

Sure I can do - but its just the standard configuration which comes with 3CX at installed- I haven't actually editted at all.
    So did you still want it?

8. comresource

comresource Member

It wouldnt hurt to see it. Also if you could pull the server.cfg and local.cfg from the phone web interface just to compare.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could it have anything to do with the "deliver audio via PBX" option on the line?

10. h2009

h2009 Member

Hi,
    Thanks for everyone's replys here is the all the documents requested.
    Also I thought that it could be PBX to deliver audio - but then why would every other call work other this particular number? Surely it wouldn't work at all if it needed to be on?

- 3 files all text documents

Attached Files:

11. comresource

comresource Member

Nothing jumps out as being wrong. There is quite a bit of info in the local.cfg for the working phone. My local.cfg files are only about 5 lines. When you get a chance do a complete Factory Reset on both phones and reboot them. This will assign only what is in the provisioning file. Verify this by looking the the local.cfg after it should only have the MD5 entries. Test dialing on both phones. If the results are the same..one working..and one not then something in 3CX extension specific must be off.

12. h2009

h2009 Member

Oh right that is strange. I actually only yesterday did another factory reset via the webpage. I'll give it ago directly on the phone.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.