no audio with vpn pptp

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello,

I just create a VPN between my office and my home with 2 routers firmware dd-wrt, PPTP, VPN works fine.

when I enter the IP address of the phone in 3CX server (LAN IP 192.168.1.x), I have a problem of communication, the connection is made ​​but I did not sound server, for example when I call the Mailbox 999 and when I make a call to the external telephone network, I didn t sound.

when I put back in the phone the remote public IP address of the remote router it works well i have the sound in both directions

when AC goes through the vpn J do not have audio.

an idea?

thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have used VPN successfully to a DD-WRT based router from a 3CX soft phone running on a windows PC. I haven't set up two routers with VPN between them.

Someone had the same issue previously....http://www.3cx.com/forums/extension-behind-a-vpn-19126-30.html

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now, i have also no audio with the public ip with th e remote phone

where is the problem ?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well...the problem sounds like (pardon the pun), packets carrying the voice are either being blocked, or, re-directed. If you are now having issues using the softphone in a "regular" manner (not over VPN), then you need to confirm the correct port forwarding at the 3CX end as well as any checking for additional firewall settings that may be running on your 3CX PC. Be sure that the 3CX phone is set to use STUN, that is pretty much a prerequisite in a remote phone behind a router.

Is the lack of audio, in both directions?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no leejor, i have only one audio way, the snom voip phone in me office to the 3cx pw in me house

snom ---> 3cx ok
    snom <---- 3cx no audio

the phone send data RX and receive no TX data

when i call from me house the snom in me office the phone ring

i have this problem with the vpn and without

in the router in my house where is the pc 3cx i have open the port 5060 5090 3072 forward to the ip of the pc 3x

in the router in my office where is the snom 821 phone i have open the port 80 5060 5090 forward to the ip of the snom phone

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have also the same problem with the 3cxphone in me pc at me office :roll:

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is all well and good, but they aren't the only ports used, voice uses another set althogether. At a remote router (no VPN only one or two VoIP devices) you shouldn't have to do any port forwarding. But, the device, (the Snom phone) has to be set up to use to use STUN. Otherwise it will send it's internal IP to 3CX and not the public (plus port #) IP at it's send. When 3CX goes to send audio packets back, it has no idea of the correct IP to send them to.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have find the problem

the problem is the router, the dd-wrt software is no good

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I said, I hadn't used DD-WRT as a VPN to VPN setup before, but I have had no issue running 3CX behind a router with that firmware or using a remote extension from behind a router with the same DD-WRT firmware. I've found both the latest and previous versions it to be quite stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.