No audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

As you'll be able to see from previous posts I've had to reinstall 3cx on a new server.

Everything went without problem and the lines ring. However, there is no sound when you pick up the phone.

I've run the firewall test which runs without problem.

I've ticked and unticked the PBX delivers audio, with no joy.

Any suggestions of where to look next?

Thanks in advance.
    Iain

2. haywardi

So this has now turned into a brain teaser.

Got my primary server back up again this morning....

Delivers audio without problems. Therefore can only be a setting on 3CX somewhere.

Iain

3. smb1

smb1 New Member

Did you do a restore of the database/settings when using the failover box?

Given the multitude of settings/parameters in 3CX, trying to replicate an exact configuration is difficult.

Also, I believe you mentioned that you changed IP addresses when using the failover box. Are you sure you adjusted all your router port forwards correctly.

It is better to change the IP of the failover box to match that of the 3CX system it is replacing to avoid any need to fiddle with any network/PBX settings.

You can schedule the 3CX configuration backup to run nightly to a network share so standing up a replacement machine is simply a matter of installing 3CX, all 3CX service packs and updates and restoring.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.