• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

haywardi

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

As you'll be able to see from previous posts I've had to reinstall 3cx on a new server.

Everything went without problem and the lines ring. However, there is no sound when you pick up the phone.

I've run the firewall test which runs without problem.

I've ticked and unticked the PBX delivers audio, with no joy.

Any suggestions of where to look next?

Thanks in advance.
Iain

So this has now turned into a brain teaser.

Got my primary server back up again this morning....

Delivers audio without problems. Therefore can only be a setting on 3CX somewhere.

Iain

Did you do a restore of the database/settings when using the failover box?

Given the multitude of settings/parameters in 3CX, trying to replicate an exact configuration is difficult.

Also, I believe you mentioned that you changed IP addresses when using the failover box. Are you sure you adjusted all your router port forwards correctly.

It is better to change the IP of the failover box to match that of the 3CX system it is replacing to avoid any need to fiddle with any network/PBX settings.

You can schedule the 3CX configuration backup to run nightly to a network share so standing up a replacement machine is simply a matter of installing 3CX, all 3CX service packs and updates and restoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.