no audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by radelman, Feb 23, 2008.

1. radelman

I am using the latest version and build. Outbound calls to the PSTN from my GXW4104 provide duplex communication between the answering extension and the outside caller, i.e. each of the ext. and outside caller can communicate, BUT incoming calls to an extension from the pstn do not allow the outside caller to hear audio from the extension while the ext can hear the outside caller. Would anyone be kind enough to know the answer.

2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Can you discribe how your network is setup and what hardware you are using please.

3. radelman

I am using an xp pier to pier network behind a linksys wrt54g. I have connected a gxw4104 to 3 pstn's. For testing purposes, I am using an Azacall 200 voip phone which operates properly when used for outbound calls. Inbound calls to the extension, at the extension appear fine, it's just that the outside caller has no audio from the exention.

4. matthijsolislagers

Are the phone, the gateway and the 3CX server in the same subnet or is there a firewall or router in between?

Is the firewall on the 3CX machine turned off? If not, please try.

5. radelman

The phone, the gateway and the 3CX server ARE in the same subnet. The firewall on the 3cx server is off.

6. matthijsolislagers

Strange. Your description of the problem looks like RTP trafic between the 3CX server and the gateway is blocked. Beacause they are in the same subnet that is not likely. You could try turning the checkbox 'PBX delivers audio' on for the phone and the gateway. Perhaps direct communication between the phone and the gateway doesn't work.

If that still doesn't work try using 3CX Voip client to be sure the problem isn't the phone.

How did you configure your gateway? Manually or with the 3CX configuration file created while creating PTSN line in 3CX?

7. radelman

PBX delivers audio is on. Wouldn't direct communication between the phone and the gateway be working if the phone can place OUTBOUND calls where the outside party has audio?

I originally was using v 3.1 and changed to the latest build. I did not get far enough with 3.1 to test inbound calls. The gateway was configured manually according to the instructions provided where the pstn lines are created. Perhaps I will load 3.1 back on to see if this problem is version related or gateway setting related. I will also look for a headset to test the softphone on the voip client as well.

Thanks so much for your help so far. If you can think of anything else, I'm all ears.

8. radelman

You know it's interesting that the outside caller can hear the digital receptionist but not the audio from an extension.

9. matthijsolislagers

Last thing you could try:

-General > Versions/Updates
    -Update template for your gateway

-Lines > Manage
    -Manage Gateways & Providers
    -Edit gateway
    -Generate config file
    -Import config file into gateway

10. matthijsolislagers

Thats interesting indeed. Did you try using a softphone yet? I'm beginning to think the problem is in the phone.

Is STUN disabled on the phone?
    Is the external proxy field empty?

11. radelman

The stun address and outbound proxy address on the phone are 0. Somehow I doubt it is the phone as audtio is delivered from the phone to the external caller when making the outbound pstn calls.

While I have located a headset/microphone, I will not be able to try the softphone until tomorrow as I am now in a remote location, but when I am there tomorrow, I will report.

Have a great evening.

12. radelman

Thanks for your help, it was the ip phone that I was using that caused the problem. I am now using the
    Grandstream 2010 which seems to work well.