Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No auto-provisioning when BLFs are set in Extensions?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tss956, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tss956

Working on this interesting problem right now.

When I set each extension's BLFs, I can pull up a provisioning template via the web browser: https://[realFQDN].3cx.us/provisioning/38t[edited]qq9/cfg[MAC] if I set the BLF keys to line, or speed dial. BUT if I set them to BLF, I can't get the provisioning template anymore and consequently, the phones don't get provisioned properly.

Phones are GXP-2170 with a custom template. I can set hardcode BLF directly in the custom template and it works fine.

Are there logs kept to show why 3CX won't generate the configuration file if BLF is selected?

Thanks.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

#2 Saqqara, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. tss956

Yes, I've read that post, thank you!

Customizing the VPK (virtual multipurpose keys) in the console actually works with custom templates also.

For example, for Grandstream, I can set speed dial, shared parking extensions, line keys, etc...everything except a busy lamp field light using the custom template. If I select BLF instead of shared parking, speed dial, etc...a custom provisioning file stops being generated/served by 3CX. I can't even figure out why it won't generate the provisioning file on the fly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.