Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No busy tone, 3CX just disconnects, users are confused

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by decalabs, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decalabs

Hello,

since we have installed our 3CX, all users are complaining that some calls are just disconnected when they dial a number.

In the event log I can see the following errors:

486 Busy Here (<- thats the majority of errors)
    500 Internal Server Error
    480 Temporarily not available

The main problem is that the users won't get ANY feedback what is happening. The call just disconnects when the line is busy. So the users just try again. We had angry clients who called us back and asked why we are calling every minute while they were talking. They saw our tries on their phones.

So please where can we switch the busy tones on?

Thanks in advance,
    Dino

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @decalabs

Please try the following and let me know if that works. Call an extension that does not have accept multiple calls enabled and in the destination busy or unregistered select end call so that the call does not get forwarded.
    2017-02-01_16h41_11.png

Call the same extension from a different extension and tell me if you hear a busy tone. Then navigate to settings/ PBX and enable Play busy prompt when extension is busy and make the same test. Does it change?

2017-02-01_16h44_27.png

and then try in on an outbound call and see if that works. Usually you are not getting a busy prompt when you are making outbound calls because your provider doesn't sent a busy tone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.