Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"No Call" mode for 3cx phone apps

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by red45, Mar 9, 2016.

1. red45

We keep having users ask us for a way to run the 3CX apps (windows, mac, ios, android) in 'no call' mode - meaning the app could only be used for presence, phonebook, chat, voicemail. Seems like it would be an easy on/off switch to add.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I like this idea... I don't use it on the Mac because it rings when I get a call. Then I leave at night and forget to logoff - and the phone is ringing out loud.
    The idea of 'Don't use as a Phone or CTI' is a good one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. red45

Having this "third mode" no call mode for the 3cxphone app would also help address the whole multiple call auto answer in CTI mode issue. For those users that require multiple calls it would at least allow them basic use of the app while all call control is done from their desk phones without worrying about auto answer issues, softphone mode, or other workarounds.