Solved No Caller ID for Outgoing Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ericc, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericc

All of our outgoing calls are not showing caller ID when using our main SIP trunk line. I contacted the SIP provider and they said that the From headers are not sending to them correctly. I did a packet capture and it showed 3CX was sending the SIP From: header as

The SIP provider said that the From header should look like

When I tried with another SIP trunk provider, the caller ID showed up correctly. From the packet capture of that call, the From header was sent as
    From: "403XXXXXXX"<sip:403XXXXXXX@vancouver2.voip.ms:5060>;

We are using 3CX v15 with SP4. Our main SIP trunk provider is Allstream, the second SIP trunk provider is Voip.ms. I made sure that the outbound parameters for each SIP trunk are the same. The only difference is that Allstream is IP based authentication, and Voip.ms is account based authentication.

Anyone has any ideas on why this is happening?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @ericc

Try the following and let me know if that works for you. Navigate to trunk settings and type your trunk number to your authentication ID. then navigate to outbound parameters and set the From. Display Name to AuthID authentication. Click ok and give it a try 2017-01-25_14h35_10.png

3. ericc

It's still the same problem when I set the From: Display Name to AuthID. Below is the Outbound Parameters for the SIP trunk.

[​IMG]

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the second SIP provider (that works correctly) is off the same PBX. If that is the case, then compare the outbound parameters and trunk setting for both provider, are they all the same?

5. ericc

The second SIP provider is on the same 3CX PBX. All the outbound parameters were the same.
    Also, I setup an AsteriskNow VM and added the main SIP trunk to there. The outgoing calls from AsteriskNow using the main SIP trunk have proper caller ID.

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Please change next settings in outbound parameters and try again:

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ericc

Hi, Frank
    I changed the parameters as according to your suggestion. It is still having the same problem.

8. ericc

I did a few more tests with an IP based authentication SIP trunk from Voip.ms. For outgoing calls through that SIP trunk, the From: header looks like
    So, it seems with 3CX, if the SIP trunk authentication is set to IP based, then 3CX will send out From: header without 403XXXXXXX@ before the host name.
    However the caller ID displayed properly with Voip.ms's IP based authentication SIP trunk. I suspect that Voip.ms takes the caller ID information either from Remote-Party-ID header or the "403XXXXXXX" in the From: header.

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

That is something the provider needs to clarify. Did you add your main trunk number to the authentication ID of your sip trunk settings?

10. ericc

I added the main trunk number to authentication ID. The From: User Part is still not sending in the SIP header.
    I tried the same SIP trunk on AsteriskNow. AsteriskNow would add the From: User Part into the SIP header even for IP based authentication.
    I'm checking with our provider and see if they could somehow use other part of the SIP header for caller ID.

Yiannis, could you check if it is by design to not send the From: User Part in 3CX when using IP based authentication? If it is by design, Is it possible to add that option in the future release?

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Check the following out. I replaced both From.Display Name and From: User Part with AuthID so i can test this works.
    This is a IP Authentication trunk.
    These are my results.
    2017-01-27_12h25_22.png 2017-01-27_12h24_13.png

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Trunk settings

Attached Files:

13. ericc

After I change the parameters settings, will change take effect right away or do I need to restart all the services? I changed the parameters without restarting the services, and the SIP header is still the same as before.
    I'm thinking to just reinstall the PBX this weekend and see if that will solve the problem.

14. Rod P

When we were working with a 3CX vendor they always had us restart services. If you are using NGINX we had a strange problem where changing the parameters of the trunk didn't do anything. We had to delete and readd the SIP trunk in order for the change to show up in the actual IP packets. Best we can guess is that something got locked up in the DB.

ericc likes this.
  15. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When trying to solve a caller Id issue with a provider (version 14) a while back,we found that any changes to the outbound parameters took effect right after the change, no restart required. It you have made a lot of changes, to the point you aren't sure what the defaults were originally, create a new "dummy" trunk then compare the settings.

16. ericc

Good news, I restarted the server and the setting was applied and caller ID is working again! Looks like that with version 15, I have to restart at least the Management Console service for the SIP trunk setting to apply. Thanks to everyone's help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.