Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No Caller ID from SPA 3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Hi,

Just installed 3CX 9.13545 Free and applied Service Pack 1.

Accepting inbound PSTN through a Linksys 3102 with software version 5.1.10(GW).

I used the provisioning to reset the 3102 configuration. There are some inconsistencies with the manual configuration guidelines. One is the "PSTN CID For VoIP CID" setting, which I set to Yes.

However I'm not getting CID from the 3102. It was working with Asterisk/PBX in a Flash. It seems like the 3CX is not waiting until the second ring so it can collect the CID, but I don't see where to set that.

BTW I'm in San Diego, California.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mark Berry
    MCB Systems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The field that tells the 3102 how long to wait before sending the caller ID to 3CX is under the PSTN tab/FXO Timer Values/PSTN Ring Through delay. The default is 5 (seconds) so if you did a factory reset it should work. I have found that 3 seconds is the minimum you can get away with, anything less will miss the CID info, at least in North America.

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks leejor. It eventually dawned on me that this is a 3102 setting, not a 3CX setting.

I did not do a factory reset. Instead I used the provisioning file created by 3CX, which seems to set every value. It sets PSTN Ring Through Delay to 1.

Interesting that it is working for you by adjusting PSTN Ring Through Delay. That's supposedly "Delay in seconds before starting to ring thru Line 1 after the PSTN starts ringing." I don't want the 3102 to ring its own Line 1 directly, so I set PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup > PSTN Ring Thru Line 1 to No. 3CX default is to disable Line 1 altogether but I am using that as an extension so I need it to to act independently from the PSTN side.

Anyway I found that by setting FXO Timer Values > PSTN Answer Delay up from 0 to 3, I am able to see Caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry, my mistake, that was the option that I meant to point you towards. It ends up being the cause of most caller ID problems, at least here in North America. the ring through to line 1 is an option that should be disabled if you want to use the FXS port as a 3CX extension.

5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

No worries, it's working now! Thanks for taking the time to reply...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.