No Caller-ID inc PSTN call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm using the FXO port on an SPA-3102 for incoming and outgoing calls, just set it all up today. The calls work just fine both ways, I set up the 3102 per the info on this site. The calls go to a ring group. I don't get caller-d, I get the name I datafilled in the 3102 showing on all the sets. I see the caller-id passing in the SIP messaging using ethereal. Should this work? I've tried changing options on the 3102 to no avail. Anyone else have this working?
    Thanks, Lee

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

This should work fine. Can you please paste the Verbose log showing the full INVITE of an inbound call. We will be able to see if the INVITE received from the SPA actually contains the Caller ID in one or more of the SIP fields.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thanks, I hope to get some time this week to "play" with it a bit more. Will post the logs.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like the 3102 is passing on the caller-id. I can't cut and paste the logs, just get the little hand but can only highlight one line at a time????

SPA-3102 software is 5.1.7(GW). On the INFO page I can see the last PSTN caller -ID, name and number, so it is getting it. Under PSTN Line I have the option PSTN CID For VoIP CID: set to YES, any other option that mentions caller-id has no datafill. Is there some other option on the 3102 that I'm missing? And how do I do a cut and paste with the 3CX system logs?
    Thanks, Lee

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Never mind.....figured it out. Under the tab PSTN Line, heading FXO Timer Values (sec), option PSTN Answer Delay: the value must be 3 (seconds)or larger, I had it set to 1(left over from a previous setup). If set to less than 3 the SIP message is sent to the 3CX BEFORE caller ID info is received (between first and second ring) by the 3102

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.