No caller ID since upgraded from 10 to 11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dlazure, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlazure

Hi guys

I recently upgraded a system from version 10 to 11 and i lost caller id.

we actually get the PSTN gateway port identification number as the caller id on incomming calls.

the gateway is a vegastream 50 europa. caller id is set to ON in the config

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the 3CX logs do not show the outside caller ID, then the gateway is not passing it on to 3CX. Was there a firmware/settings update done to the gateway that may have changed an option? Is CID set to the correct method for your region/country?

Have you confirmed, with the use of a stand-alone caller ID device, that you are getting CID on the lines?

3. dlazure

Thanks for the reply

I did not went on site yet. Where should i check the CID setting for the right country ?

When i did the upgrade i had to reload the setting in the gateway. maybe something went wrong

thanks

EDIT : 26-Aug-2013 15:22:12.081 L:342.2[Ivr] has joined to L:342.1[Line:10006<<+151410006]

514 is the area code

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, the caller ID is being passed onto 3CX? Is it just that the trunk number is also being passed and not a name?

5. dlazure

514 is the area code + 10006 is the gateway port number. no caller id is passing

6. dlazure

my customer said on the display he see the name of the caller + the port number ( 10006 )
    but not the number

i went to inbound parameter in the gateway and everything is like default

im lost

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the same number (154410006) is being passed for every call, no matter what the originators area code, then this number is in the gateway, somewhere. On many gateways, if they receive no caller Id they will send a field that had been datafilled, to identify where (what gateway) the call came in on. Is the gateway waiting long enough for the Caller Id to be received. In North America it comes between the first and second ring. Many times, a gateway has been set-up to pass the call onto the PBX before getting the CID information.

Where you able to confirm that caller Id is coming in on the PSTN lines? It's up to the gateway to pass this on. 3Cx is simply displaying what it receives from the gateway.

So, it is either a setting in the gateway, that is incorrect, or the gateway is not receiving caller Id from the provider.

If the gateway has been re-provisioned by 3CX since you upgraded, then that might be it. Is the firmware of the gateway at the correct release for the provisioning file created by 3CX. Is 3CX creating a provisioning file for the correct device, correct country?

8. dlazure

would i be able to modify the number of rings before the gateway pickup in the gateway webpage ? or i need to do it when i create the gateway.

but if the name is being collected, i am pretty sure the number should be there too.

9. dlazure

from the log in the pstn gateway i can see this

27/08/2013 21:04:04 21:04:14 0/00:00:09 16 0202 9901
    from: TEL:514908XXXX,NAME:LUMINET to: dest: TEL:10006,TA:192.168.60.50:5060,TELC:10006

so it confirm the CID on the lines.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are seeing the name and number in the gateway, then it obviously "gets them". I'm not familiar with that gateway to know off hand if there is an option that is substituting the trunk number for part of the phone number. You would not think that would be something that people would want, but there may be an option to format incoming caller ID, like adding a "9" to the number, so that some PBX users can redial the number from the caller ID.

If the 3CX log isn't showing the full number, as received, then the gateway isn't sending it, and the options in the gateway require checking.

11. tarmeeb

I'm no expert at all, a complete n00b , but what I have gathered from online tutorials is:
    Look for the CID settings of your VOIP or PSTN provider, what protocol they are using...and modify your gateway accordingly..

If you find this answer very trivial or unrelated to your issue, be gentle :D

12. dlazure

i know what caller id type we receive from canadians provider. canada standard.

gr30-mdfm

13. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

do you perhaps have the ability to install a new v11 system with just 1 extension and test with this gateway? It is possible something is afoul in the Gateway settings within 3cx that occurred in the upgrade from v10 to v11.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. bardissi

bardissi Member

Why dont you do yourself a favor and reprovision the gateway using the templates in V11 and see where you stand after that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.