Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

No CallerID name or DID Name in Queue Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RaTix, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaTix

3CX Version 9.13967 SB edition on Windows Server 2008
    3CXPhone v4
    Call Centric VoIP Provider

I just updated from v8 to the latest version (v9.13967) and noticing a problem with the Queue Calls. In the previous version, queue calls would show the "Queue Name:DID/DDI Name:CallerID Name" in the 3CX phone. However now they are only showing "Queue Name:CallerID(PhoneNumber only)". The option under Settings -> General -> Global to append Group and DID names to CallerID IS checked. The problem only seems to be with Queue calls though. Ring Groups work as it should, displaying "RingGroup Name:DID/DDI Name:CallerID Name".

For the heck of it, I even tried setting the call to go into the queue, then to the ring group. The ring group call still displays properly. I really need the DID name to display on queue calls to help sales reps determine which line customers are calling in on, and I really don't want to have to change everything around and create a million queues for each line. Or use the limited ring strategies of the Ring Groups. Was this something that was changed intentionally in the newer version, or is it a BUG?

If anyone has any ideas on a quick solution until an official one is presented, it would be appreciated. Thanks

2. plewis

I've been complaining about this for months. We actually answer all calls using a Queue, and we haven't had caller name in months. My users are unhappy. If you find an answer, I hope you'll circle back with it.

Thanks,

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.