• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

No Calls - RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jantoney

Reaction score
Hey All!
We were having this problem where after a registration with the provider, we would receive one call then no more after that.
All other calls would get blocked and terminated.
There would be no logs of calls in 3CX and my mobile phone that i called from just came up 'Call Disconnected'.

We went through NAT issues, STUN issues, MODEM firmware issues, all thinking that it may be a issue where the first call would open and block ports and not be closed correctly.
In the end we found that the provider has in place a cool NAT workaround to aid in resolving issues with clients with NAT. (used in alot of providers)
3CX, as part of the registration packet, includes a 'rinstance' command that our provider was ignoring and thought it was a DNS command, therefore did not apply the NAT fixes to our domain.
We got the provider to start looking at this rinstance command and to act on itsinformation correctly.

After this got fixed we have had no drop outs, call issues, lack of audio... infact no issues at all!

So this just goes to show that it may not allways be your fault if there is something wrong!

The provider was Adam Internet in Australia. If there are any further issues with this provider please contact me.
I will now community test the provider in the comming week or so.

Jay

EDIT:: Rsync changed to rinstance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.